A one board quiver? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question A one board quiver?

so before i start asking some questions I'm going to tell you guys some of my info so you dont have to be the one asking the questions.

im and intermediate rider, 6 foot 1, 150lbs, size 11.5 boots, I go to Sierra-at-tahoe ski resort, I like doing park and powder and almost anything, right now im riding some really old board from the 90's.

now for my request: I am looking for (as the title says) a board that is well rounded. something that will let me hit up the park one week, and shred some pow the next. I really dont know much about boards but i have been looking at some. one board caught my attention: the GNU dirty pillow. the problem is i couldnt find any reviews. the only video i found was this. it looks nice and i'm not worried about the price. but is it a good board? is it worth it? any other good all mountain boards out there?

thanks for your guys help!
explorerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well right now I'm pretty much the same as you weight and high wise and I'm riding a 2010 Bataleon Goliath. I absolutely love it, I only ht the park for one or two runs a day though, but I'd say its a great all mountain board. The TBT they have is pretty cool to.
Force9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Arbor Blacklist 154. Done.

Or for more options: Nitro Pro One Off's 153/56, 152/55 Flow Era, 154 Burton Sherlock, 154 Salomon Grip, 154 Signal Park Flat. Done again.

Blacklist cause it seriously is that good. The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Arbor Blacklist Used and Reviewed

Pro One Off The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Nitro Kooley Pro One Off Used and Reviewed

Era is a great all mountain freestyle stick, I had a ton of fun crushing it on this one.

Sherlock is more of a powder freestyle ride, but does really well in the park too.

Grip is a twin with a longer nose tip, so directional float in pow but twin performance in the park. Bamboo snap sweet.

Park Flat. Twin, Flat, Soft, still snappy. Probably the softest of what I have recommended. But it actually has slightly bigger tips than average for a park board so the float is solid. It's playable, jumpable, jibbable, sweetness.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Just a quick question about the blacklist, I have size 9.5 feet, wear Nike ZF1, since the blacklist is midwide would it be too wide for my feet, or would it not be very noticeable?
kctahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It didn't hinder me at all in my 9's.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post

Or for more options: Nitro Pro One Off's 153/56, 152/55 Flow Era, 154 Burton Sherlock, 154 Salomon Grip, 154 Signal Park Flat. Done again.

Blacklist cause it seriously is that good. The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Arbor Blacklist Used and Reviewed

Pro One Off The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Nitro Kooley Pro One Off Used and Reviewed

Era is a great all mountain freestyle stick, I had a ton of fun crushing it on this one.

Sherlock is more of a powder freestyle ride, but does really well in the park too.

Grip is a twin with a longer nose tip, so directional float in pow but twin performance in the park. Bamboo snap sweet.

Park Flat. Twin, Flat, Soft, still snappy. Probably the softest of what I have recommended. But it actually has slightly bigger tips than average for a park board so the float is solid. It's playable, jumpable, jibbable, sweetness.
The blacklist sounds like more of a park board. Does it still float well in the pow?
Old 11-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

2nd on the Blacklist (don't get caught up when a brand's website says "park" or "twin" some can still rip the rest of the hill up).
2nd on the Era
2nd on the Sherlock
2nd on the Grip
Possible addition Ride Machete

Anything with rocker is going to give you a little more rise/float in powder...until you get waist deep, I wouldn't focus too much on the "pow capabilities" of the board.
jgsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

lib-tech TRS or attack banana?
pailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned YES snowboards. They have camber between the feet for stability and rocker past the bindings for float in pow--at least a few of their models would fit the bill for a park/freestyle/powder board. Personally I am looking at the YES Great Beauties and Big City for a freestyle powder board that is stable on groomers and park jumps.
SnowBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
ok so i think ill get the blacklist. seems awesome enough. only a couple more questions. will this board fit my 11.5 boots? and isnt 154 a little short for a 6 foot guy or is there a reason its 154?