Never Summer SL vs Gnu Rider's Choice, or...? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never Summer SL vs Gnu Rider's Choice, or...?

Hey all -

Thoughts on the Never Summer SL vs Gnu Rider's Choice?

I'm in the market for a new board to add to the quiver. I've got a 2008 Burton Custom 156cm (traditional camber) and a 2010 Gnu Park Pickle 150cm (I think it's a 150, having a brain freeze here.)

I like them both. I think of the Custom as my free ride board, and the Pickle is my park board. (I think I got the Pickle a size too small for me, as it washes out a little too easily for my taste. It's totally fun though.)

I'd love to get something in between these two - more of an all mountain type board. I'd probably use it 70% for free ride... but then I'd love to be able to go to the park and not worry about catching an edge like on the full camber Custom, or washing out as I sometimes do on the Pickle.

I'm hoping that whatever I get will be nice and stable at high speed, good for jumps, but still able to jib some without being too awkward. Powder performance is a plus though not vital.

I had originally been thinking the Attack Banana, but a few reviews (including one at goodride.com) have got me questioning it as maybe not free ride oriented enough. If you've got first hand experience with the AB and disagree with that I'd be happy to hear it.

For the record, I'm male, 5'7", 155, size 6.5 boot (not a typo), fairly advanced freerider, still pretty crappy freestyler. Mostly East Coast, though I have a big Colorado trips planned this year.

Last edited by stimyg; 11-10-2011 at 05:00 PM.
stimyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

You sound like you need a Never Summer Proto.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok, I'm listening... why that over the SL?
stimyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Proto is a true-twin with zero setback. The SL has something like .5" setback and directional with maybe a tad more dampening. The SL will probly handle a bit better when charging down a groomer, but I have a feeling this could be highly subjective. Up to you for which way you want your board to slightly lean toward park or freeride.

May I also throw in maybe the Arbor Westmark or Arbor Coda? I'm personally looking into getting my hands on the Westmark this year. Westmark = true-twin all mountain. Coda = directional all-mountain. Both rated as mid-flex although the Westmark will more than likely be a tad softer than the Coda.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote