Switching Boards? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Switching Boards?

Hi,
At the end of last year i bought a 2011 K2 Parkstar 149, I planned on getting into park and more freestyle stuff. My friend and I are planning trips to go to bigger mountains, but to do all mountain riding. I have only used the parkstar for 3 runs and its practically brand new.... I am thinking about getting a 2010 or 2011 Gnu Carbon Credit 150, since most of the mountains around my area are hard packed and icy. I was wondering if its worth selling the K2 and getting the Gnu, or if the parkstar be able to handle a lot of all mountain/icy stuff. My local mountain is very small so it did fine, but i don't know about bigger mountains. Thanks!
ks99dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident poet

a 150 is no different than a 149, so if ur riding park, groomers, packed and ice...why bother changing boards except for the magnetraction. On the other hand if you are in the upper weight range of a 149/150 are going to bigger hills riding all mtn pow more than 6-8" especially off piste you might want a bigger board.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have a parkstar also, i really dont take it in the park I use it all over the mtn for jumps and trees I have never had a problem. Hell sometimes I ride my 1999 k2 comet cause it was my first board. I dont have problems with that, you can ride anything anywhere, some are just easier to ride in pow then others.
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by readimag View Post
I have a parkstar also, i really dont take it in the park I use it all over the mtn for jumps and trees I have never had a problem. Hell sometimes I ride my 1999 k2 comet cause it was my first board. I dont have problems with that, you can ride anything anywhere, some are just easier to ride in pow then others.
alright cool...maybe ill stick w/ the parkstar then, I wasn't sure if it would be too great on bigger mountains to do all mountain riding on, which is why I was thinking the carbon credit would be better suited for it.
ks99dime is offline   Reply With Quote