rome Garage vs Artifact differences for pulling 360s - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default rome Garage vs Artifact differences for pulling 360s

Which is better for doing those little hits that where you can air 180 and 360. Website says 2011 but I assume last years model (under outlet section of EVO).

Garage Rocker says Reverse Free Camber is for those riders who like running park laps as much as they like shredding pow lines; this (REVERSE??) camber extends just beyond the inserts with straight camber in the nose and tail for a board that butters, carves, floats and jibs

Artifact says a flat profile between the feet and reverse camber from inserts to contact points for a board that takes pressing to a new level and delivers locked-on balance between the feet on rails.

I have another board for all mountain so this is specfically a board to play around with and wont see moguls, carving, or powder.
dknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

This is all backwards.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rome Garage Rocker Snowboard 2011 | evo outlet

Rome Artifact Rocker Snowboard 2011 | evo outlet

What specifically is backwards?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Garage rocker has rocker at the ends of the board and the Artifact is a park rocker, basically the Garage Rocker with less flat in the middle. Garage Rocker has Free pop, flat in the mid and rocked at the ends. Here's a chart to help: Board Tech | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2012

Last edited by ThunderChunky; 11-14-2011 at 02:28 PM.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the info TC. I think believe you are describing the new 2012 models while I am inquiring about 2011 which I assume is last season, despite it still being 2011 today.

Or does EVO have their descriptions mixed up?

Last edited by dknj; 11-14-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Can anyone who has or has seen the 2010/11 Garage model comment if the 2012 models are much different rocker profile wise?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hey dknj,

For 2012 the Garage Rocker has the new FreePop rocker camber profile. This is basically a flat section that extends to just outside the last row of inserts. From there, reverse camber extends out to the contact points.

In 2011 the Garage Rocker had the Reverse Free camber which is essentially the opposite - reverse camber that extends outside the bindings, and flat camber from there on out to the contact points.

You'll see a noticeable difference in response and control with this new profile, when compared to Reverse Free from 2011.

If you've got any other questions, let us know!

-Rome SDS

For the latest SDS updates follow Rome on Twitter and Facebook.

Last edited by romesnowboards; 11-22-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: added older camber explanation
romesnowboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks! and one follow up question- In 2011 the Garage Rocker, is there any flat zone at all between the feet (similar to the 2012 jib pop but perhaps less) or is it completely continuous?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Its continuous btwen bindings. Thanks 4 info Rome SDS. I'm getting both boards for weekend trip. .. May want to sell one in the near future that may go unused.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

The taco of 2 boards arrived yesterday. The plan is to try these boards nice and simple without good bindings for now. Impression today on garage 152 is that it could be a decent board for my gf or someone smaller than my wt. Tail had some pop to it and held an edge at low speed bump runs. It only has subtle rocker and I am curious about the rocker measurement. Its gotta be very low. Have not yet tried the artifact rocker but it is much more pronounced. If anyone has them handy, I would be curious of the rocker measurements of the 2 boards compared with something else for reference.