Burton's "48 hour return" warranty is BS - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I dunno man, I've emailed Rome, thirty two, Prior and Mervin, all have responded within a day. Rome has sent me parts twice, both times they arrived within 48 hours.

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
megladan

so the guy at the shop fixed your bindings, you were able to ride, but it didnt match? did you pay for the part? did you over tighten your bindings to cause it to break? there are alot of variables i feel you're leaving out to make burton look bad and be part of that BURTON SUCKS bandwagon...... go suck a fat one and ride your 26" wide stance with tight pants.

Last edited by megladan; 02-29-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by romesaz View Post
This has nothing to do with techsupport, and your and the OPs comparisons are WAY off.
OP says burton was emailed, whereas Rome was called. HUGE differences already. How do you know the same service would not have been provided by burton if OP wasn't too lazy to pick up the phone.
2nd, this isn't about tech support. You can't compare apples (customer service) to oranges (tech support) and expect the same result.

The end fact, is that we DON'T know that burton would have taken forever, if the same set of actions was taken by the OP.

I have no problem admitting fault if I'm wrong, but judging from what the OP has said in the 1st post....
good point, the comparison isnt apples and apples. I dont have confidence that burton would have handled it well on the phone anyway. and I do have confidence that Rome would have handled it well in emails.

I have emailed RIDE about 4-5 different times and each time was responded to within a day. their replies were like clockwork. a certain time of day every time and I was guaranteed to have an email with a REAL solution. about 3 times I had replacement parts within question within two days... thats good customer service. PERIOD.

Last edited by SUPERGILDO; 02-29-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by megladan View Post
. go suck a fat one and ride your 26" wide stance with tight pants.
lamest post ever.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGILDO View Post
good point, the comparison isnt apples and apples. I dont have confidence that burton would have handled it well on the phone anyway. and I do have confidence that Rome would have handled it well in emails.

I have emailed RIDE about 4-5 different times and each time was responded to within a day. their replies were like clockwork. a certain time of day every time and I was guaranteed to have an email with a REAL solution. about 3 times I had replacement parts within question within two days... thats good customer service. PERIOD.
That's fine. I'm not going to say your beliefs are wrong. I was just pointing out that if you're going to bitch about one company and praise another, at least do it on the same basis.
With regards to Ride. Keep in mind that Ride is backed by a board of directors and by share holders, since they're owned by K2, a company much larger and in a completely different league business-wise.

I haven't had to deal with Burton's service, as all I own by them is their outerwear, but I've heard only good things about it. The same goes for Rome. But again, your mileage may vary, as we've seen with the OP.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
megladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGILDO View Post

for shits and giggles im going to email burton this evening and test their reply time.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
ecave84

i would have to agree with the others. If you have an urgent problem calling is the way to go. Its easy for an email to get lost with the probably 500 they get a day considering the amount of stuff they sell. Not saying its right but at least you will get an answer right away.

Anyway rome targas rock
Old 02-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by romesaz View Post
That's fine. I'm not going to say your beliefs are wrong. I was just pointing out that if you're going to bitch about one company and praise another, at least do it on the same basis.
With regards to Ride. Keep in mind that Ride is backed by a board of directors and by share holders, since they're owned by K2, a company much larger and in a completely different league business-wise.

I haven't had to deal with Burton's service, as all I own by them is their outerwear, but I've heard only good things about it. The same goes for Rome. But again, your mileage may vary, as we've seen with the OP.
I know about rides business structure. it was just a comparison
Old 02-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

ok look everyone...i didn't think this thread would generate this much ish around here so let me tell you a few things that maybe i should have included before:
1. i did call burton and that's how i eventually got my part. i called about a week after i wrote the email because i was getting worried about my trip. it was then that they told me that part was out of stock and that it would take a few weeks (it still wasn't here when i got back). my big point here was that any other company that ive had to contact has gotten back to me within a business day or so, never two weeks. and i have a problem with a company advertising a 48 hour turn around and "the best warranty in the business" when the small buckle i need is out of stock. i also have a problem with the fact that when i finally did get a response, it was a cookie cutter email telling me to go find the part myself at a dealer, who btw i had already called and had none either ( i live in f...ing southern arizona, how many dealers do you think there are going to be?)
2.i did nothing to provoke the breaking of the buckle. i know how tight to tighten my bindings thank you. (and i don't wear tight pants and my stance is not 26" ps if i was on the "burton sucks bandwagon" i probably wouldn't have bought their f...ing bindings OR ride one of their boards...
AZred60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZred60 View Post
ok look everyone...i didn't think this thread would generate this much ish around here so let me tell you a few things that maybe i should have included before:
1. i did call burton and that's how i eventually got my part. i called about a week after i wrote the email because i was getting worried about my trip. it was then that they told me that part was out of stock and that it would take a few weeks (it still wasn't here when i got back). my big point here was that any other company that ive had to contact has gotten back to me within a business day or so, never two weeks. and i have a problem with a company advertising a 48 hour turn around and "the best warranty in the business" when the small buckle i need is out of stock. i also have a problem with the fact that when i finally did get a response, it was a cookie cutter email telling me to go find the part myself at a dealer, who btw i had already called and had none either ( i live in f...ing southern arizona, how many dealers do you think there are going to be?)
2.i did nothing to provoke the breaking of the buckle. i know how tight to tighten my bindings thank you. (and i don't wear tight pants and my stance is not 26" ps if i was on the "burton sucks bandwagon" i probably wouldn't have bought their f...ing bindings OR ride one of their boards...
well you cant blame a company's CS for being out of stock. things happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZred60 View Post
i know how tight to tighten my bindings thank you. (and i don't wear tight pants and my stance is not 26" ps if i was on the "burton sucks bandwagon" i probably wouldn't have bought their f...ing bindings OR ride one of their boards...