Burton's "48 hour return" warranty is BS - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

i understand that things happen, but i still dont think they should claim the absolute 48 hour deal if they allow themselves to run out of stock. i mean they can probably see when they are running low
AZred60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #22 (permalink)

I can't resist, i MUST represent the zumiez' rep.

"THEY"RE RUNNING LOW CAUSE BURTON SUCKS AND ALL OF THEIR STRAPS BREAK EVERY DAY CAUSE I TALK TO 2000 PEOPLE THAT ALL RIDE BURTON BINDINGS IN THE PARK ON THE LIFT THEY TELL ME THEY ORDERED BUCKLES 13 WEEKS AGO AND CANT RIDE WITHOUT IT SO THEY LIKE ORDERED <insert brand whoring here> BINDINGS AND ARE LIKE THIS IS THE SHIT F--K BURTON"

and I'm done

[edit]included one too many commas in there.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Come to think of it, I havn't seen zumiez as of late...hm
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Zumiez hasn't been around. Too bad to hear of the problems but if the tech at your mountain put a buckle on that worked I would have given Burton a little bit of a break. To say that a company that large should email back quickly, well that's a tough one. I personally think they should, especially when they claim to be so dedicated to their customers. When my tool-less adjuster on my 05 Ride SPi's broke I emailed Ride about it and had 2 new ones at my doorstep 4 days later for free even though I was out of warranty. That I would consider exceptional and I may have gotten lucky, they might not even check their email every day. I would have called if it was an emergency (for me it was too but I bought new bindings anyway, can't have too many good pairs of bindings).

On the brighter side of things, atleast you have Rome bindings now Next work on getting a board without that selfish little 3 hole mounting system
Old 03-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Netstalker

I am a noob so this more of a question with a statement. First I will say I am not a burton hater, while my board , boots and bindings are not burton alot of my other gear is. The store I bought my stuff at, said there have been alot of problems with burton bindings this year ( they had a drawer full of broken straps and buckles from 08 Cartels). While I was there some guy came in with another set of broken cartel bindings. So is there a problem with Burton bindings breaking? A lot of my friends have burton boards and gear, but none of them have burton bindings. Mine are Ride Beta ULs.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
st.stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netstalker View Post
I am a noob so this more of a question with a statement. First I will say I am not a burton hater, while my board , boots and bindings are not burton alot of my other gear is. The store I bought my stuff at, said there have been alot of problems with burton bindings this year ( they had a drawer full of broken straps and buckles from 08 Cartels). While I was there some guy came in with another set of broken cartel bindings. So is there a problem with Burton bindings breaking? A lot of my friends have burton boards and gear, but none of them have burton bindings. Mine are Ride Beta ULs.
Yeah, my overall experience with Burton bindings (at least the newer models) is that their materials although they look good feel EXTREMELY cheap and not up to riding long without breaking. I currently own a pair of Rome Arsenals (their cheapest binding set) and have also ridden my friends' 08 Cartels and I would not trade him even if he gave me money to. Seriously, the quality Burton has atm in their bindings compared to companies like Rome, Ride, or Option is just disappointing...
Old 03-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #27 (permalink)
megladan

i should add that i get my stuff off the burton proform
Old 03-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by megladan View Post
i should add that i get my stuff off the burton proform
who cares, stfu.

anyways, as far as burton stuff being more prone to break, I cant say for sure, but remember how much burton sells. they sell a rediculous amount and so even though the ratio of defects to sale might be the same, burton overselling everyone 10:1 (just for example, not a real figure) would mean that they would have ten times more defects than any other company. thats just based on mass selling...
Old 03-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
megladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGILDO View Post
who cares, stfu.

anyways, as far as burton stuff being more prone to break, I cant say for sure, but remember how much burton sells. they sell a rediculous amount and so even though the ratio of defects to sale might be the same, burton overselling everyone 10:1 (just for example, not a real figure) would mean that they would have ten times more defects than any other company. thats just based on mass selling...
it makes a difference because if i wasnt getting such a good deal on burton. i would be riding something different. but for the price i paid it is worth that much, not what they charge in the store.

i'll be honest, i got a board this season and its showing an abnormal amount of wear compared to my 7 or 8 year old ride mountain that i just replaced this year. maybe because its black?? i dont know.

Last edited by megladan; 03-01-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
andrew_schenk

Drake also has wicked CS, the one heel strap insert on my 04 SS broke off so i emailed them, next day they email asking for my address, 3 days later (had to cross border into canada aswell) i got the 05 model heel strap, plus a brand new ratchet and both the ladder strap and other strap... now the 05 and 04 heel straps didnt match lol... so i email and they say no prob, but all we have is 06 heel straps... 3 days later 2 new 06 heel strap and components are at my door, and really no questions asked.

although i was pretty pissed about the bindings breaking (it wasnt that they broke, it was the stupid design of them)... so i bought Targa's when all this was going on, so now i have the 04/06 super sports on my jib board.