Burton's "48 hour return" warranty is BS - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #31 (permalink)

So...let's keep the name calling to a minimum shall we? And megaladen, it's great you get your stuff proformed, but don't go running around telling the general public...people a) don't care and b) companies aren't all too happy when people go around splattering priviledges like that...

Anywho, carry on!
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.stark View Post
Yeah, my overall experience with Burton bindings (at least the newer models) is that their materials although they look good feel EXTREMELY cheap and not up to riding long without breaking.
I can't speak much about Burton bindings, having only done a few runs on the Cartels, but I was shocked at the quality in their '08 speed lace boots. I went boot shopping today and tried out about 10 different brands and models. I tried out the low-end Moto's and just as the sales guy was telling me about how tough the parachute cord laces were, it snapped in my hand.

"Oh wow, I've never seen that before" he said as he went to get a pair of SL-9's. And I did it AGAIN. Neither were display models that maybe got a nick or something as they're handled by every customer, they were still in the plastic with the styrofoam inserts. 2 warranty claims in 5 minutes and because of the speed lace design, not user repairable. Too bad because the SL-9's were comfortable....well, at least the left one was.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
megladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
So...let's keep the name calling to a minimum shall we? And megaladen, it's great you get your stuff proformed, but don't go running around telling the general public...people a) don't care and b) companies aren't all too happy when people go around splattering priviledges like that...

Anywho, carry on!
i only mentioned it to straighten my opinion on burton out...\
i would not have purchased a board from them if i had to pay full price..
Old 03-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by megladan View Post
it makes a difference because if i wasnt getting such a good deal on burton. i would be riding something different. but for the price i paid it is worth that much, not what they charge in the store.

i'll be honest, i got a board this season and its showing an abnormal amount of wear compared to my 7 or 8 year old ride mountain that i just replaced this year. maybe because its black?? i dont know.
so why are you tryin to rip on people for not liking burton, if the only reason you ride burton is because you get the stuff so cheap?
AZred60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #35 (permalink)

*grumble* Don't make me lock this thread guys...
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote