Board Facts - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Facts

Instead of people asking the same questions about the same board all the time I figured we could start a thread explaining what board we ride and give some pros and cons so when the time comes for all of us to start looking for boards we can browse this thread and see what's what in the world. So I'll start it off even though no one would buy my board. Dont think anything like this ever existed but if it did I'm sure I will be flammed so bring it.

2006 Nitro Target

Boot/Bindings= K2 Maysis/Burton Freestyle

Pros:
Super durable
Great edge hold on groomers and ice ( aka ice coast)
Decent speed
Great board to progress on

Cons:
Heavy so being on lifts without foot rest hurts
A mountain board, this thing is useless anywhere but on the snow no jumps def no rails
Terrible in powder fine for me on the east coast but when I took a trip to CO it wasn't as nice as it could have been
Old technology since 2006 boards have changed a lot this board is dated way better choices available

Now here would be pics but I'm at work...
civic2tegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Your board is 5 years old that renders this thread already obsolete. Here let me blow your mind The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Board Review Break Down
Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Your board is 5 years old that renders this thread already obsolete. Here let me blow your mind The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Board Review Break Down
I Know... I know things like this and The good ride exist buuuttt I was just trying to start something here where we can all see what were riding, and get our feeling on our boards. And we can see what people think that have riden boards 50+ days rather then some guy that rides 3 boards a day and does reveiws. For instance Rossi Taipan a board I have alot of interest in I created a thread for and got 1 comment on... I went to the good ride and they're review is based on their 1 day somewhere in CA with massive powder?!?! how can that review help me decide on the east coast.. Totaly different conditions. So lets get some "real" opinions. I Know my board is old and no one would buy a board they stopped making 5 years ago it was just a template for future people to plug their info in. But I suppose if this thread would seem redundant due to other websites doing the same thing then let this thread die it was just an idea...

Last edited by civic2tegg; 11-16-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ugh the good ride what a joke. 3 boards a day? 1 board a day picked for the terrain/conditions it's meant for way to get all butt hurt that your idea sucks. Seriously 5 year old board great let me toss up a review of my 99 Burton Custom or wait I have an 87 Rossi sitting here with plate bindings lets review that.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm not to torn up over my bad idea. But I'm sort of looking for a new board and also sick of looking at sites like the one you posted where someone is reveiwing boards using statements copy and pasted from company websites. Idk about you but $400-$600 is alot of money for a board and is also money I refuse to spend until I'm certain I have found the best board for me. So the more reveiws the better... and again I wasn't posting my board to get people amped about buying a board from 5 years ago it was a template for other people to use. I was thinkgin the people that buy a new board every season and ride 5 different boards may have some interesting points they could bring to the table for people in the market. That's all. If your riding a burton from 99 you probably also have no place in this thread other then posting questions and looking at what people are saying about boards.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Wow you are just fucking dense. Like on a level that is amazing. I run that site I listed the only thing copy and pasted is the "What they say section" rest of it is all hands on. But then again you check The Good Ride so I guess we can discredit you. I'm going to be riding 2013 decks in the next two to three weeks. I think I can post in here.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Wow you are just fucking dense. Like on a level that is amazing. I run that site I listed the only thing copy and pasted is the "What they say section" rest of it is all hands on. But then again you check The Good Ride so I guess we can discredit you. I'm going to be riding 2013 decks in the next two to three weeks. I think I can post in here.
WOW you run that site, wouldn't expect such a dick response from someone trying to help someone out. I'm glad to see this is how you represent your site though says alot. Your test rididng 2013 boards.. cool story bro, but I buy the boards I ride so I take this shit a little more serious then someone who has gear sent to them... So get on my level then comment... This thread is done, shots fired, I'm not beefing with some forum person.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yea every thing you read on the angry snowboarder is legit, dude rides more in one season then most people do in 5 seasons
Old 11-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic2tegg View Post
WOW you run that site, wouldn't expect such a dick response from someone trying to help someone out. I'm glad to see this is how you represent your site though says alot. Your test rididng 2013 boards.. cool story bro, but I buy the boards I ride so I take this shit a little more serious then someone who has gear sent to them... So get on my level then comment... This thread is done, shots fired, I'm not beefing with some forum person.
his first post wasnt being a dick at all, he posted his site with all the latest board reviews hes done and you pretty much said it was bull shit, how would you want him to respond to that?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
his first post wasnt being a dick at all, he posted his site with all the latest board reviews hes done and you pretty much said it was bull shit, how would you want him to respond to that?
Probably Similar to how you responded. Listen my thoughts on his site were wrong so just say that. Itís one thing to be a forum dweller just trying to be a dick to noobs but itís another when you should be a legit person in the snowboarding community there is just a way you should represent yourself.