Arbor vs NS - performance/size question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Arbor vs NS - performance/size question

I am getting a new board this season and was originally set on the NS Evo but have seen Arbor getting a lot of praise lately, specifically the blacklist.

I currently ride a 147 k2 and planned on getting something a small amount bigger such as a 150. Unfortunately, the smallest the blacklist comes is in a 154 and it is also a midwide. I usually wear a size 7 shoe (although my Ride boots are a size 8). I'm worried the blacklist will be too big for me overall so I was looking at the Westmark also since it does come in a 150.

How do the Evo, Blacklist, and Westmark compare with each other in terms of flex and just overall? Do you guys agree that the Blacklist will be too big/wide and recommend one of the other two boards?
Nmbr1Ballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmbr1Ballr View Post
I am getting a new board this season and was originally set on the NS Evo but have seen Arbor getting a lot of praise lately, specifically the blacklist.

I currently ride a 147 k2 and planned on getting something a small amount bigger such as a 150. Unfortunately, the smallest the blacklist comes is in a 154 and it is also a midwide. I usually wear a size 7 shoe (although my Ride boots are a size 8). I'm worried the blacklist will be too big for me overall so I was looking at the Westmark also since it does come in a 150.

How do the Evo, Blacklist, and Westmark compare with each other in terms of flex and just overall? Do you guys agree that the Blacklist will be too big/wide and recommend one of the other two boards?
Stick with the Evo and Westmark. How much do you weigh? The midwide will give you a little trouble with your 7 sized foot.

Honestly you're choosing between two well reviewed boards. Pick the one you think looks nice and go with it.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Stick with the Evo and Westmark. How much do you weigh? The midwide will give you a little trouble with your 7 sized foot.

Honestly you're choosing between two well reviewed boards. Pick the one you think looks nice and go with it.
Roughly 135 lbs...

How do the Evo and Westmark compare with each other. One is rocker, one is RC camber. How do the flex compare along with ability to jump, jib, butter, etc?
Old 11-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm going to attempt to answer my own question on what I "think" I know. Maybe somone can confirm or give their opinion.

Evo will be have more flex, easier to press, butter, and jib, decent on kickers.
Westmark will be stiffer, good on kickers, ok to jib, can press/butter but will take more work.

Sound close or anyone with experience on both boards care to chime in?
Old 11-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmbr1Ballr View Post
I'm going to attempt to answer my own question on what I "think" I know. Maybe somone can confirm or give their opinion.

Evo will be have more flex, easier to press, butter, and jib, decent on kickers.
Westmark will be stiffer, good on kickers, ok to jib, can press/butter but will take more work.

Sound close or anyone with experience on both boards care to chime in?
No experience but I think I've read possibly everything there is on the two. They are very similar in function. 50% will prefer one, 50% the other. Seriously. I've read it up and down the whole summer waiting for snow. Just pick one and ride.

I went with the Evo but I really really want to try a westmark.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have ridden them both and if you are wanting a board to press out (at 135lbs) you should go with the Evo. That thing can still still rip on edge too so you won't sacrifice anything on the groomers. In my opinion the Evo is a little heavier (NS in general), but we're talking ounces when comparing it to a similar sized Arbor...I would deal with the extra weight to have the buttery smooth flex.
jgsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote