Just buy the boots.... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just buy the boots....

I am all for getting a good deal...but trying on boots at a shop and then buying them on line is a pretty ghetto thing to do. If you are going to use a shops time, just buy the boots...It is worth the money as boots are the one thing you need to have fit. It is basically stealing to use their knowledge and time and then leave to order on line. Just a pretty shitty why to do things overall....Ben
BRsnow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 04:00 AM
THE OFF PHISTE WHORE
 
KIRKWOOD-$LUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CENTRAL COAST, CALI
Posts: 674
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
true and not true
shitty service gets no reward

"Beer is proof that God loves us and want us to be happy".
Benjamin Franklin
KIRKWOOD-$LUT is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 05:56 AM
megladan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKWOOD-$LUT View Post
true and not true
shitty service gets no reward
true, with boots i always buy em in the shop otherwise they dont get the heat fitting
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Senior Member
 
BiggerThanYours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRsnow View Post
I am all for getting a good deal...but trying on boots at a shop and then buying them on line is a pretty ghetto thing to do. If you are going to use a shops time, just buy the boots...It is worth the money as boots are the one thing you need to have fit. It is basically stealing to use their knowledge and time and then leave to order on line. Just a pretty shitty why to do things overall....Ben
why all the animosity? did something bad happen?

BiggerThanYours is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nope, it just seems every other "help buying my first set uP" post is always, I will try the boots on at the shop and buy on line...figured I would mention it....
BRsnow is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 10:49 AM
thebutress
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
while i get where you are coming from, there are some of us beginners that have 1 really lame shop within a 2 hour drive from where we live.

going to a shop close to where we boarded gave us so much better selection to review our choices, but no room at all to take anything back with us. we tried to be up front and told the guy we were just there to learn about gear.

that being said, the boots that worked well for me there, didn't when i was able to buy them. an i ended up having to get the only pair of boots in my size at the lame ass local store. lucky for me... they seem to be very nice, and fit great. So while i understand there are so many reasons why to try to buy online, you really just can't. it only works if you're lucky.

I will say this, as new boarders, almost EVERY single person that is into snowboarding (instructors, random doods at the resorts and stores, even the online retailers) is just completely stoked to help in any way possible. its definitely a sport that people want to share with whoever they can. been a real positive thing for us.

whew. thats a lot of bs for sat mornin'.

wheres my dew?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 12:54 PM
danemeyer20
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I wont buy boots online because if i dont like them after breaking them in i have to spend 20 bucks to send them back.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 01:15 PM
megladan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutress View Post
while i get where you are coming from, there are some of us beginners that have 1 really lame shop within a 2 hour drive from where we live.

going to a shop close to where we boarded gave us so much better selection to review our choices, but no room at all to take anything back with us. we tried to be up front and told the guy we were just there to learn about gear.

that being said, the boots that worked well for me there, didn't when i was able to buy them. an i ended up having to get the only pair of boots in my size at the lame ass local store. lucky for me... they seem to be very nice, and fit great. So while i understand there are so many reasons why to try to buy online, you really just can't. it only works if you're lucky.

I will say this, as new boarders, almost EVERY single person that is into snowboarding (instructors, random doods at the resorts and stores, even the online retailers) is just completely stoked to help in any way possible. its definitely a sport that people want to share with whoever they can. been a real positive thing for us.

whew. thats a lot of bs for sat mornin'.

wheres my dew?
i take it you havent ridden on the east coast....
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 07:22 PM
thebutress
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by megladan View Post
i take it you havent ridden on the east coast....

lol. no we haven't. i guess you "yankees" have a rep to live up to...

i will say a some of people we bought stuff from where from the east coast and (gasp) canada. and all were pretty cool.

i guess we'll just have to give it a shot someday. see how we fare on a 150+ cm ice skates.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 08:40 PM
megladan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutress View Post
lol. no we haven't. i guess you "yankees" have a rep to live up to...

i will say a some of people we bought stuff from where from the east coast and (gasp) canada. and all were pretty cool.

i guess we'll just have to give it a shot someday. see how we fare on a 150+ cm ice skates.
actually my past 2 trips on the east coast have had powder/packed powder conditions rivaling that of resorts outwest... im speaking more on the
people on the mountain.. its almost worse than driving in ny...
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome