Just buy the boots.... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 02:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just buy the boots....

I am all for getting a good deal...but trying on boots at a shop and then buying them on line is a pretty ghetto thing to do. If you are going to use a shops time, just buy the boots...It is worth the money as boots are the one thing you need to have fit. It is basically stealing to use their knowledge and time and then leave to order on line. Just a pretty shitty why to do things overall....Ben
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2008, 03:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
THE OFF PHISTE WHORE

true and not true
shitty service gets no reward
Old 03-01-2008, 04:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
megladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKWOOD-$LUT View Post
true and not true
shitty service gets no reward
true, with boots i always buy em in the shop otherwise they dont get the heat fitting
Old 03-01-2008, 07:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRsnow View Post
I am all for getting a good deal...but trying on boots at a shop and then buying them on line is a pretty ghetto thing to do. If you are going to use a shops time, just buy the boots...It is worth the money as boots are the one thing you need to have fit. It is basically stealing to use their knowledge and time and then leave to order on line. Just a pretty shitty why to do things overall....Ben
why all the animosity? did something bad happen?
Old 03-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Nope, it just seems every other "help buying my first set uP" post is always, I will try the boots on at the shop and buy on line...figured I would mention it....
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
thebutress

while i get where you are coming from, there are some of us beginners that have 1 really lame shop within a 2 hour drive from where we live.

going to a shop close to where we boarded gave us so much better selection to review our choices, but no room at all to take anything back with us. we tried to be up front and told the guy we were just there to learn about gear.

that being said, the boots that worked well for me there, didn't when i was able to buy them. an i ended up having to get the only pair of boots in my size at the lame ass local store. lucky for me... they seem to be very nice, and fit great. So while i understand there are so many reasons why to try to buy online, you really just can't. it only works if you're lucky.

I will say this, as new boarders, almost EVERY single person that is into snowboarding (instructors, random doods at the resorts and stores, even the online retailers) is just completely stoked to help in any way possible. its definitely a sport that people want to share with whoever they can. been a real positive thing for us.

whew. thats a lot of bs for sat mornin'.

wheres my dew?
Old 03-01-2008, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
danemeyer20

I wont buy boots online because if i dont like them after breaking them in i have to spend 20 bucks to send them back.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
megladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutress View Post
while i get where you are coming from, there are some of us beginners that have 1 really lame shop within a 2 hour drive from where we live.

going to a shop close to where we boarded gave us so much better selection to review our choices, but no room at all to take anything back with us. we tried to be up front and told the guy we were just there to learn about gear.

that being said, the boots that worked well for me there, didn't when i was able to buy them. an i ended up having to get the only pair of boots in my size at the lame ass local store. lucky for me... they seem to be very nice, and fit great. So while i understand there are so many reasons why to try to buy online, you really just can't. it only works if you're lucky.

I will say this, as new boarders, almost EVERY single person that is into snowboarding (instructors, random doods at the resorts and stores, even the online retailers) is just completely stoked to help in any way possible. its definitely a sport that people want to share with whoever they can. been a real positive thing for us.

whew. thats a lot of bs for sat mornin'.

wheres my dew?
i take it you havent ridden on the east coast....
Old 03-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
thebutress

Quote:
Originally Posted by megladan View Post
i take it you havent ridden on the east coast....

lol. no we haven't. i guess you "yankees" have a rep to live up to...

i will say a some of people we bought stuff from where from the east coast and (gasp) canada. and all were pretty cool.

i guess we'll just have to give it a shot someday. see how we fare on a 150+ cm ice skates.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
megladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutress View Post
lol. no we haven't. i guess you "yankees" have a rep to live up to...

i will say a some of people we bought stuff from where from the east coast and (gasp) canada. and all were pretty cool.

i guess we'll just have to give it a shot someday. see how we fare on a 150+ cm ice skates.
actually my past 2 trips on the east coast have had powder/packed powder conditions rivaling that of resorts outwest... im speaking more on the
people on the mountain.. its almost worse than driving in ny...