Board upgrade - intermediate rider - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 01:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board upgrade - intermediate rider

So I've been boarding for a few years now and I feel liked I've surpassed the level of my beginner board. I'm completely comfortable carving and I can easily board down blue hills, with my season ending goal of black diamonds. Right now I ride only on groomers but I would like to get into powder and backcountry soon. I am not interested at all in the parks. I was wondering what would be a good upgrade for me, something that would last me a while. Currently I'm riding the 2010 Atomic Vantage 148cm with flow bindings and I'm 7.5wms boot. Im 5'4, aprox 130lbs. Now I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 150cm for my next board but I'm not exactly sure about the lengths. Also, would I be able to keep my flow bindings or should I be getting new ones?

The board I'm currently in love with that seems to (according to my small knowledge) fit my needs, is the Never Summer Lotus. Thoughts?
alihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Lotus is a great board and it would definitely suit your needs - it's stiff and great for freeriding. Also look at the Gnu B-pro and the Roxy Envi.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfoot1598 View Post
The Lotus is a great board and it would definitely suit your needs - it's stiff and great for freeriding. Also look at the Gnu B-pro and the Roxy Envi.
Thank you! Ya I saw the Roxy Envi as well and would be considering it too. I don't know much about bindings, is there bindings that are better for freeriding, park etc?
Old 12-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if you like your flow bindings and they fit your boots securely keep them.

however, most riders view regular strap-ins as being a more secure fit. Good examples would be burton escapades or rome madisons.
Riley212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Girls that snowboard are so hot.
Beschatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley212 View Post
if you like your flow bindings and they fit your boots securely keep them.

however, most riders view regular strap-ins as being a more secure fit. Good examples would be burton escapades or rome madisons.
Thanks a lot. My friends have had problem with their flows but mine are perfect i havent had to adjust them once since i started using them. I think I'll definately try and keep them as long as they hold up!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

I've had the Never Summer Infinity for a few years. I've ridden the Lotus a lot and it's a great board. Rocker/Camber and a smooth ride. I ended up getting the Envi instead this year. It's a similar riding board to the Lotus. Easy to turn and fast and steady. Two reasons for my decision. Magna traction which is really good this year with a lot less snow than usual and I liked the graphics a lot better. I think the B-pro looked like more of a park board. I always say graphics don't matter when you're riding but the envi is such a simple classy looking board with the bamboo showing in the topsheet. I think if you have good fitting bindings that you like, you're right to just go with them. Bindings are very personal.
sb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb60 View Post
I've had the Never Summer Infinity for a few years. I've ridden the Lotus a lot and it's a great board. Rocker/Camber and a smooth ride. I ended up getting the Envi instead this year. It's a similar riding board to the Lotus. Easy to turn and fast and steady. Two reasons for my decision. Magna traction which is really good this year with a lot less snow than usual and I liked the graphics a lot better. I think the B-pro looked like more of a park board. I always say graphics don't matter when you're riding but the envi is such a simple classy looking board with the bamboo showing in the topsheet. I think if you have good fitting bindings that you like, you're right to just go with them. Bindings are very personal.
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the input. I'm pretty sure the Lotus is the board I'm set on. I'm holding out on buying it cause I dont have the money to spend right now but I really want it. I'm hoping that if I wait till the end of the season the 2012 boards will go on sale!