Oops...Did I go too large with this board purchase? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Oops...Did I go too large with this board purchase?

Hey guys, just joined:

I went to Skidazzle last Friday and finally found a Burton Nug I was looking for (Was also trying my best to find a K2 Raygun(couldn't) and a..parkstar?) used at $250. Was ridden twice and had some wear but looked pretty good to me(But what do I know? I'm a beginner haha). It was the only Nug at the show so I had to jump on the sale! It's a 150cm board, which when standing is just under my nose. I'm 5'3" male at 165-170 lbs. I first heard of the Nug when Burton's board finder matched me to the 142cm Nug and also recommended a 146. The site also says the 150cm is to be paired with their 'large' sized bindings, I need mediums. Did I defeat the purpose of this board by going so big? Dunno how 'medium' bindings will do on this board either. Any advice would be very welcome!

By the way, I tried searching for a general Burton Nug thread to tack this post on but couldn't find one after 5 pages so had to make a new thread.
Dim Mak 1470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

The Nug is designed so you can downsize about 10cm from your normal boards. Given your weight I believe you should be better with a 146. As you said - you might have defeated the purpose of this board . But as long as it's fun and rides well, you made a good deal anyway. You should be able to sell it for a similar price if you don't like it.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

you will be fine on the 150....FINE! Just ride it and quit worrying!

edit, go a little wider with your stance on a NUG...you might enjoy it.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
The Nug is designed so you can downsize about 10cm from your normal boards. Given your weight I believe you should be better with a 146. As you said - you might have defeated the purpose of this board . But as long as it's fun and rides well, you made a good deal anyway. You should be able to sell it for a similar price if you don't like it.
Yeah, figured I could sell it around the price I bought it. Seems like people are holding on to their boards since I can't find a used 146.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Pow View Post
you will be fine on the 150....FINE! Just ride it and quit worrying!

edit, go a little wider with your stance on a NUG...you might enjoy it.
Hahah, I had to check! Just realized the day after that it was pretty big. I enjoyed doing some nice, hard turns last season so I'm hoping a larger Nug won't be too sluggish or something. I'm going to get some Burton Custom EST's to go with this, hoping those would sell easily as well if I don't enjoy this setup. I guess the added length helps with a stable ride and maybe better in powder then the smaller one. The previous owner said he used it in powder over at Mammoth and it rode well. The guy was much taller than me so the board was the appropriate size for him.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim Mak 1470 View Post
Yeah, figured I could sell it around the price I bought it. Seems like people are holding on to their boards since I can't find a used 146.

Hahah, I had to check! Just realized the day after that it was pretty big. I enjoyed doing some nice, hard turns last season so I'm hoping a larger Nug won't be too sluggish or something. I'm going to get some Burton Custom EST's to go with this, hoping those would sell easily as well if I don't enjoy this setup. I guess the added length helps with a stable ride and maybe better in powder then the smaller one. The previous owner said he used it in powder over at Mammoth and it rode well. The guy was much taller than me so the board was the appropriate size for him.
hey i just read that you were looking for some custom bindings, im actually selling custom est bindings.
Aznglfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznglfer View Post
hey i just read that you were looking for some custom bindings, im actually selling custom est bindings.
I'm waiting for a paycheck or two (Damn black friday!). What size n' color?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

email or pm if interested aznglfer@gmail.com
Old 12-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Actually they are black and large and brand new. Don't know if you would want them since you are looking for medium.

Last edited by Aznglfer; 12-07-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

put it on ebay and get a 142....do it.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznglfer View Post
Actually they are black and large and brand new. Don't know if you would want them since you are looking for medium.
Ah, gotcha. I found some white ones in medium for $150 on ebay. Best I could find so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Pow View Post
put it on ebay and get a 142....do it.
Thought my board was fine!? I'll have to go to the Burton shop in LA and see how short a 142 is and how the 146 compares.