2013 Never Summer ___ Carbonium Series - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default 2013 Never Summer ___ Carbonium Series

Yup! You read that right. There's a new 2013 Never Summer Carbonium snowboard lurking the shadows. Word on the streets say it's a new shape. Proto's big brother?

I'll keep you guys updated as the info comes. Expect a couple of reviews around late Jan. Stay tuned kids!
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Proto?

Heritage, custom

Last edited by Quantity; 12-07-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Cant wait for the update on the new board even if the base is kind of halloweenish.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

gosh leo why you got to be such a tease xD
Old 12-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That board is a one of a kind made by one of the employees at Neversummer. They are allowed to make their own customer boards on their own time as long as they pay for the costs of the materials. That particular board has a pretty funny inscription on it too.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Let the fanboys circle jerk each other off over this one.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Add Longshoremen/shipyard workers to that essay above. Bringing in workers from other STATES to do their work.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Guarantee it'll be like the Proto where all the fanboys hyped it so hard all I see is dumb fucks that can't even turn a snowboard riding it. Cool you bought an American made board fuck yeah, what's the point if you can't even ride it to its potential and it's actually too much board for you. I could own a Porsche doesn't mean I would.

Let the circle jerk recommence.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Guarantee it'll be like the Proto where all the fanboys hyped it so hard all I see is dumb fucks that can't even turn a snowboard riding it. Cool you bought an American made board fuck yeah, what's the point if you can't even ride it to its potential and it's actually too much board for you. I could own a Porsche doesn't mean I would.

Let the circle jerk recommence.
This has so much truth to it. I saw a kid riding a proto and couldn't even link turns. Why the hell would you spend all that damn money when you can't even ride it?!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Let the fanboys circle jerk each other off over this one.
QFT

never summer... you were better before 1,000 kooks on snowboardingforum liked you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Meh, call me a fanboy but I try to patronize companies like Neversummer and Mervin if they have a decent product that fits my needs. In Neversummer`s case, I think they could mushroom and become just another Burton if all they cared about was making as much profit as possible. They don`t though. They are not hiring reps (I have tried to become a paid mountain rep for Mt. Hood) as they can`t hardly keep up with current demand.

Maybe I am just being naive, but I like the idea that at a time when the 1% are fucking over the other 99% every which way they can, outsourcing our jobs, destroying the environment, yada yada yada, that there are a few companies that are trying to stay true to their roots. They provide jobs to Americans and make a high quality product.

I know the quality of many of the imported boards is probably just as high but for me that is not the point. I would rather see an American have that job for a reasonable wage in an environmentally regulated, safe plant than some 8 year old child in a Chinese factory that is killing the planet. That employee then has buying power that stays here at home and benefits other local businesses.

If I am a fanboy for this ethic, so be it. I guess I might be a bit of a fanboy for Mervin too for the same reason. Any company that is going to put my fellow Washingtonians to work rather than outsource has my vote. Boeing has pissed me off for this. They have outsourced a ton of work to countries like India and China and laid of workers at the Everett and Renton plants. Its ironic that "foreign" companies like Airbus and Toyota often hire more Americans that Boeing and GM.

Back "in the day" I used to also look for the "Union Label" when shopping too. I guess I have always been a bit of sap that way. It`s a little thing I know but if every company started doing it, maybe we might have an economy again in this country...
are you still in school? if you are, you should take an international econ class.....

[/troll]
Closed Thread