Big Foot Headache - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Big Foot Headache

Hey guys im 6'6 and 230lb with a size 14 boot lol

Looking into getting a new board and been doing a shit ton of searching and from the burton website they were telling me i could run on a Burton Bullet 164 Wide, but then when i check the specs it seems im too heavy for the board. I have looked at the skunk ape and some other wide boards and was wondering what would be a good choice for an all mountain board? Im going from skiing to snowboarding so i been having a big headache the past few days lol

2011 Elan El Grande 167
Ride Antic Wide Snowboard 2012 168
Burton Bullet Wide 164
Skunk Ape 169 or 172

So far i gathered those are some of my viable options

I made sure i did a lot of research before posting about this, i know most people just say why don't you read the guides or sizing charts but once you get into the bigger size guys problems there really is no defined guide for us sadly , just generalized stuff that doesnt apply to us at all lol

But what i have in mind right now is

Burton Bullet Wide Snowboard 164 - Men's
K2 Cinch KS1 Snowboard Bindings Black 2011
Burton Moto Snowboard Boots Black

good or no?
SnowHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm guessing you like the price of the burton bullet. And if you are just starting out this would be a perfect match. then when you know what type of riding you want to do you can get a fancy one. or the ride Antic 168 would probably make you happier for longer and is only a few dollars more.

I would get some stiffer boots though, unless you tried those on and the are the perfect ones for ya. Boots tend to break in and get softer after a few days out and if you they start out soft they end up like moon boots (to me anyways). if you buy a boot that you find to stiff just dont lace it as tight. Its not like ski boots where you get a consistent flex for the life of the boot.

Nothing wrong with the cinch's, k2 makes goof bindings.
Riley212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

To be perfectly honest i hate the K2 Cinch i had them and thought they were uncomfortable and poorly made, now they were 2010/2011 models so maybe they have changed. I seriously think if you are going to get easy step in bindings get some flows. I am both taller and heavier than you and i ride a gnu riders choice 166W. I have paired it with some rome targas which i cannot talk up highly enough, they are amazingly comfortable and super adjustable with pretty much anything you want you can do to the bindings.

I have owned a skunk ape and it was good although mine was BX no C2BTX (i like c2) which is why i have a riders choice now. If you wear size 14 show then try some shrinkage tech boots or some vans (they run smaller in my experience, i wear a 13 vans but 14 shoes). The burton bullet 164 has a waist of 262mm, in my opinion thats probably on the narrow side for you, you really want to be in the upper 260's even 270's if possible. i know its only half a cm but it may make a difference, im sure someone who knows more may chip in.

Im sure you can find something better than the bullet for around the same price
Old 12-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You have a lot of strong options available to you. The Nitro Magnum is another incredible deck for big guys with big dogs.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yea been looking to get a cheaper board since im just starting out snowboarding, i have seen a few boards my size that are in clearance sales since no one buys them so hopefully i get lucky on that note.

I am actually a size 15 in shoes but i squeeze into a size 14 snowboot! But im still looking for a board that will be good for starting out
Old 12-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yea close outs or second hand boards are always best first boards.

but if you dont find what you want exactly the ride antic would be better than the burton and still not to spendy.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowHitman View Post
Yea been looking to get a cheaper board since im just starting out snowboarding, i have seen a few boards my size that are in clearance sales since no one buys them so hopefully i get lucky on that note.

I am actually a size 15 in shoes but i squeeze into a size 14 snowboot! But im still looking for a board that will be good for starting out
Size 15's are available as are many budget options for big guys.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Size 15's are available as are many budget options for big guys.
Yea i know but i rather try to fit into a smaller boot. From what im told they will give some room after going a few times so i should be find on that end. Was looking at the boards that are at my store i work at and a 164 wide actually seems to fit my stance and looks wide enough for my boots and bindings
Old 12-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowHitman View Post
Yea i know but i rather try to fit into a smaller boot. From what im told they will give some room after going a few times so i should be find on that end. Was looking at the boards that are at my store i work at and a 164 wide actually seems to fit my stance and looks wide enough for my boots and bindings
Yes, 230/14 is within the zone on a solid group of 163/164 decks.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Old 12-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

then what? what does that measurement correlate too? board width? boot size? yay i know how long my foot is in centimeters?