Board size error? Looking for advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board size error? Looking for advice

So I ordered a K2 raygun (153cm) a little impulsively recently. I'm quite set on this board in particular, but its quite hard to get a hold of here in canada.

Height 5' 6''
Weight: 135lbs
Foot size: 9 (US)

K2's size chart says 150 and 153 are ok for <150 lbs shoe size 7-9. My concern is my height and the length of the board. If possible I'd get a 150cm board but can't seem to find one at the minute. I was wondering what the better option would be

A) Stick with it, it should be fine
B) Return and find a smaller board.

If the only problem will be that its a bit harder than the 150, but not to the extent where its unrideable I don't mind too much.
Thanks
sunnygsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

what riding do you do? and where? and where have you been having trouble getting k2 products? most snowboard shops that carry k2 will order the board for you? or get one in their next shipment for you. but anyways, if your more of an all mountain guy with more emphasis on hard charging the 153 will be fine, if your more park focused then the 150 would be better, but honestly you will be fine with a 153.
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

So I'll most likely be going all mountain for now. I may try part stuff later. There are limited K2 retailers here, I ordered the board from sportchek at the time because they had a 20% deal. I've contacted some other places around to see, I could potentially return the board and try and pick up the 150 from somewhere, but I'm wondering if it's really worth the hassle and the extra money that would be added on top (buying at regular price).
Old 12-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm w\notter. As mostly an all mountain rider, half the width of a thumbnail on each end of the board shouldn't be an issue. That said........... if you've really got buyers remorse, Colorado Board Shop and Evo each claim to have 150's in stock. Full price though, unless you've got some codes or coupons. In the end, it's your ching, and you might as well be happy and confident in your choice.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthegood View Post
I'm w\notter. As mostly an all mountain rider, half the width of a thumbnail on each end of the board shouldn't be an issue. That said........... if you've really got buyers remorse, Colorado Board Shop and Evo each claim to have 150's in stock. Full price though, unless you've got some codes or coupons. In the end, it's your ching, and you might as well be happy and confident in your choice.
Yeah I saw american stores had it in stock but they don't ship K2 products to canada which was one of the issues. I think I'm going to leave it for now, I was just a little concerned because of my shorter height compared to the board. But based on what I'm planning on using it for I think it should be ok then. Appreciate the help guys.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

where do you live? the shop I kind of work at in Hamilton, haha, I believe has the 150 in stock. 379.99, we just got a huge christmas time shipment! going there in an hour to pick up my new formula's! woooo
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notter123 View Post
where do you live? the shop I kind of work at in Hamilton, haha, I believe has the 150 in stock. 379.99, we just got a huge christmas time shipment! going there in an hour to pick up my new formula's! woooo
Vancouver, I checked some of the retailer websites only a few seem to stock K2 stuff. There is a guy in edmonton who has one in stock, I'm heading over there for the holidays so that's an option.