Help sizing Evo - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help sizing Evo

Sorry to have to make another "help me choose a board size thread" but here it is. Speaking of which, someone should probably make a dedicated thread just to helping people choose a board size, they could just post their info and boards there looking into for advice instead of making a bunch of threads for the same thing. Anyways, I'm looking to get a this years NS Evo. I already have a board that is dedicated to jibing, so this board will be mostly for jumps and to use around the rest of the mountain. That being said, I'm 5'5 115 lbs. Size 8 boot. Intermediate ability. I was thinking either 147 or sizing up to 150 for better edge hold. Not too sure how much the blunted tips will effect how it rides either. Thanks for the help.
fcpchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 02:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm no expert but I will say, I don't think the Evo would be your best choice if you have a jib board and want a board for jumps and the rest of the mountain.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

I thought about that, a proto would be much better suited for what I need but considering its smallest size is 152 and its stiffer I don't think I could manage that board. Same goes for an SL.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

you done growing?
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

yup... unfortunately I am done growing, though will very likely add some weight over time. Nothing major though, and no time particularly soon. As I said, it would be mostly for jumps and the rest of the mountain, but I'll definitely be hitting some boxes and rails on it, so I'm going to have to be able to control it decently as well.

Last edited by fcpchop; 12-10-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Given your riding interests and your height and weight, get the 147. I am 5'7"/145 lbs and I ride the 150cm. I love the new blunt shape on the EVO! It's a tad stiffer than last years evo too. Btw, Proto 152 will be way too stiff for your weight.
P3 Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3 Mammoth View Post
Given your riding interests and your height and weight, get the 147. I am 5'7"/145 lbs and I ride the 150cm. I love the new blunt shape on the EVO! It's a tad stiffer than last years evo too. Btw, Proto 152 will be way too stiff for your weight.
go with the 147 as stated. Fits you better, will still be stiff enough for the occasional bombing of hills. if they made the Proto shorter then 152 in about a 145 then you would be perfect, but the 147 evo will still be great!
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpchop View Post
I thought about that, a proto would be much better suited for what I need but considering its smallest size is 152 and its stiffer I don't think I could manage that board. Same goes for an SL.
Ok gotcha. Yes 152 is maybe too much then, I'm 145 and ride the 152. It's soft but not too soft.

Just throwing another option out there. TRS Slim in 148. Haven't ridden it but also interested due to the narrow widths. Their 148 and 151 boards are considered "slims"
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. Yea I'll look into that board, sounds interesting. Now you guys just made it tougher for me, my first bit of advice on the sizing was from angry snowboarder and he said to go with the 150. I feel like the 147 would definitely be a better all around board for me, but the 150 might be better suited for around the mountain and bigger jumps. Though I'm still concerned with it being too big for my small weight. I wish I could demo one. I'm not sure if the 147 is going to be big enough to bomb down and hit bigger jumps. Then again the blunted tip should in theory make it rider "bigger". God damn, never thought 3 cm's could be such a hard decision for me.

Last edited by fcpchop; 12-13-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Any other opinions before I go through with it?