Lobster Jib vs Rome Artifact - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Lobster Jib vs Rome Artifact

I am stuck between the Lobster Jib Board 148 The Capita Horoscope 151 wide and the Rome Artifact Rocker 152 wide
My main calling toward the park board is its just as soft as the horoscope and artifact but I can ride it shorter and it has TBT which seems interesting and I want to try it. However Rome and Capita are much bigger names and a more well known company's which makes me afraid to try a smaller lesser known board company. I also have heard a lot of good about the Horoscope Any thoughts and which of these 3 boards do you think is better. I'm 135 pounds and ride park 95% of the time.

Last edited by CheoSamad; 12-10-2011 at 05:58 PM.
CheoSamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Im a big fan of the TBT so I say go for the Lobster. However, I do believe the Lobster Jib and the Bataleon Disaster are the exact same board except the Bataleon is about 40 bucks cheaper. I could be wrong though, just thought I'd let ya know.
Ramsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsfan View Post
Im a big fan of the TBT so I say go for the Lobster. However, I do believe the Lobster Jib and the Bataleon Disaster are the exact same board except the Bataleon is about 40 bucks cheaper. I could be wrong though, just thought I'd let ya know.
If my info is correct (which it might not be) The Lobster jib is a tiny bit softer than the disaster.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheoSamad View Post
If my info is correct (which it might not be) The Lobster jib is a tiny bit softer than the disaster.
Maybe, but both have the same rating of 8-9-8, either way they're both sick boards.
Ramsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

With those options the Artifact if you need any pop, just get a Bataleon Disaster if you want TBT and for sure that over the Horror. I hated the rocker on the Horror.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheoSamad View Post
My main calling toward the park board is its just as soft as the horoscope and artifact but I can ride it shorter and it has TBT which seems interesting and I want to try it. However Rome and Capita are much bigger names and a more well known company's which makes me afraid to try a smaller lesser known board company...
I'm pretty sure Lobster and bataleon are made with all the same quality materials at the Elan factory in Austria...which, btw, is where capita is also made (don't know about Rome agent...maybe china). Bataleon/Lobster boards are every bit as high quality as Rome...and probably better than Capita. They all have the same 2 year warranty.

The Lobster and Disaster are the same board in almost every way. TBT=highly recommended.

Last edited by extra0; 12-11-2011 at 10:10 AM.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
I'm pretty sure Lobster and bataleon are made with all the same quality material/tech at the Elan factory in Austria...which, btw, is where capita is also made (don't know about Rome). Bataleon/Lobster boards are every bit as high quality as Rome...and probably better than Capita. Bataleon has a 2 year warranty.

The Lobster and Disaster are the same board in almost every way. TBT=highly recommended.
Thank you for the insight. Im going to go with either the Jib or the Disaster depending on the money situation. If I go with the Jib its really just to ride with the Company I want (Plus Ill admit im a Helgason fanboy)

Old 12-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

choice

yeah, the helgasons are urban masters. I saw a FuelTV show in which they said they actually went to a "snowboarding high school"...the school literally specialized in snowboarding! (only in Iceland)

...and, considering they both used to ride for Rome, tells you something about Bataleon/Lobster

Last edited by extra0; 12-11-2011 at 10:26 AM.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
choice

yeah, the helgasons are urban masters. I saw a FuelTV show in which they said they actually went to a "snowboarding high school"...the school literally specialized in snowboarding! (only in Iceland)

...and, considering they both used to ride for Rome, tells you something about Bataleon/Lobster
im pretty sure halldor rode for DC, not rome
Old 12-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
With those options the Artifact if you need any pop, just get a Bataleon Disaster if you want TBT and for sure that over the Horror. I hated the rocker on the Horror.
OFF TOPIC: I would disagree with you Nivek. I love my new Horrorscope, and I feel the rocker is very fun and playful. Also, the quality is top notch on this board. It can be a little washed out on jumps, but that is a known problem wit rocker, not necessarily Capita's. There are ways to fix it, but I think Capita is taking a simpler 'less tech' go at it, instead of all the banana mtx and vario things.

If I have the opportunity, I would love to try a TBT board as people say quite a lot about them, and the best way to know is to try it for yourself.
xDOTY is offline   Reply With Quote