Rome agent or NS - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 05:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rome agent or NS

Has anybody ridden the Agent Rocker and an NS SL or Proto. I would like to know how different they feel. I rented a Heritage for a week last winter and liked it but want more of a twin. Would one be better than the other on corduroy. It looks like they have the same style camber.
ttchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm wondering the same thing. I had a chance to ride the proto 54 a couple of weeks ago at a demo day in PC, but Rome didn't show. The proto felt pretty nice under foot. soft enough to be playful but stiff enough for charging. Edge hold was pretty damn good- comparable to my arbor coda with Griptech. Slightly catchier (in a positive way) than my Coda, with more pop. The deeper you initiated into your turn on edge, the more this thing engaged and shined for carving. Unlike anything I've experienced before. It didn't feel like a serious carver until you engaged those edges.

Too anyone that has ridden an agent rocker:
It it too "loose" at speed given it's relatively (relative to other similar hybrid boards) large rocker profile between foot? I like to go too fast, can it handle me?
Does it hold an edge well on groomers?

Thanks guys.
iNeedPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Not sure if anybody is going to respond. I think I may just get the Phoenix. I have a 2010 when it was just BTX or banana and liked the magnatraction after I hit it with a file. It still holds well on ice but is not quite as grabby. As for the Rome, I have always liked Rome primarily because of their warranty. I have had 3 pairs of Targas over the years and they have always replaced straps, highbacks and hardware for me.

I have read several reviews regarding the AGENT and lots of praise for the beefy edges and the board being well built with lots of pop. I am just concerned about icey conditions. I can think of 10 days last year where the whole Mtn was a solid sheet of ice. After the 4th day I just pulled the skis out.
ttchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttchad View Post
After the 4th day I just pulled the skis out.
Too

Much

Information

Old 12-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I don't have an the new agent. I only have experience riding the old school, traditional camber, 2007 rome agent 155. So with all these new changes rome has in their new boards, my comparison might not be valid but I still love my old 07 agent.

Comparing the agent 155 to my proto 152...

the proto rides about the same length as the agent if not even longer. the proto is also much stiffer but i suspect this is because they make it a little stiffer for some added pop to make up for its rocker profile. i'm not sure how stiff the rocker agent models will be. I suspect that the agent board might be a bit more playful for jibs rails and park but the proto will be the better all mountain shredder of the two.

ohh and did i mention vario grip really fucking works...

Freeride/bombing trails: Proto
Jumps: Proto
Jibs: Agent
Butters: Agent
jyuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuen View Post
I don't have an the new agent. I only have experience riding the old school, traditional camber, 2007 rome agent 155. So with all these new changes rome has in their new boards, my comparison might not be valid but I still love my old 07 agent.

Comparing the agent 155 to my proto 152...

the proto rides about the same length as the agent if not even longer. the proto is also much stiffer but i suspect this is because they make it a little stiffer for some added pop to make up for its rocker profile. i'm not sure how stiff the rocker agent models will be. I suspect that the agent board might be a bit more playful for jibs rails and park but the proto will be the better all mountain shredder of the two.

ohh and did i mention vario grip really fucking works...

Freeride/bombing trails: Proto
Jumps: Proto
Jibs: Agent
Butters: Agent
thanks for the input. Good to know that the Vario isn't just BS. Living in PC, UT I don't get much ice so even though added edge hold tech isn't a deal breaker for me, it is will be helpful on those sunny bomber groomer days.
Looking at the TRS as well, I am concerned that the Magna is actually a bit overkill for the conditions I ride, possibly even a negative. I've "heard" it's too grippy in packed pow and can throw you off in pow. Any input? I'd still love to hear some feedback form someone that has ridden the newer 2010-2011 agent rocker decks.
iNeedPow is offline   Reply With Quote