Going from Lamar Legend to Never Summer Legacy - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Going from Lamar Legend to Never Summer Legacy

Last season was my first snowboarding. I got myself a Lamar Legacy at Dick's last year because I liked the graphics (lol) and it was cheap as hell. Under a hundred bucks if I remember right.

I learned. I got better. Next thing I know in the off-season I'm looking at boards so I figured it must be time to move up. I did all my research and figured the Legacy (a wide SL) was the best suited to my riding style and what I like to do when I go out.

This past weekend was my first run with the new setup.

Last season I was always sketchy about stopping heel side for fear of a faceplant. I'd turn heelside and whatnot but in hindsight I see I was doing it wrong.

The first thing I noticed was that the torsional flex on the Legacy was a lot nicer. I could lift one toe and enter a heelside stop now where I couldn't really do that before. Faceplanting...it just didn't happen at all this weekend. Not once. There were a few times where I felt like I was going to or should have taken a dive but it didn't happen. It was super easy to correct what would normally have put me on my face.

Because of that, it gave me confidence in the board to start trying new things and ended up being right where I left off last season but also taking a few steps of progression after just a couple of hours. Good times.

I had a hard time discerning the "dampness" at speed that I keep hearing about. I bombed a few runs and I dunno..it didn't seem *that* much smoother than my old board but that could be because the last few days on my old board were on mushy snow and not ice and I just don't remember how choppy it was.

I think I'd have to do one run with each board one run after the other to see the difference.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Better start riding switch while you are learning. You certainly picked the right deck for it. I usually pick up a POS from gaertrade in the summer though. Nothing hurts worse than a core shot on your first day out with a new board. You can find almost new decks 50-70 percent off!
ttchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You're right, I need to get on that switch riding.

I was on geartrade a few times. I know guys that get killer deals on there for decks they don't mind riding concrete with.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote