LIB Jamie Lynn vs. NS Heritage - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default LIB Jamie Lynn vs. NS Heritage

I am an intermediate rider looking for a new board and have narrowed it down to the Lib-Tech Jamie Lynn and Never Summer Heritage. I mostly ride out west (12-15 days a year) and am looking for a board that is great in powder and for groomers but can turn easily and is manuverable for tree runs and moguls. If conditions are rough I will ride hard packed and ice as well.

I am 5'10" and weigh 175lbs.

Thank you in advance for your help!
double is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I like the lib. I rode the Jamie Lynn back a few years ago when it was just BTX and liked it a lot but switched to the Travis Rice this year for the C2. There isn't much to separate the NS and the Lib but maybe Magnetraction. I like it a lot but some people think it's too catchy. IMO, you cant go wrong with a 157 Lynn.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post
I am an intermediate rider looking for a new board and have narrowed it down to the Lib-Tech Jamie Lynn and Never Summer Heritage. I mostly ride out west (12-15 days a year) and am looking for a board that is great in powder and for groomers but can turn easily and is manuverable for tree runs and moguls. If conditions are rough I will ride hard packed and ice as well.

There is a noticeable difference between a Jamie Lynn and NS Heritage. The Heritage is a directional twin and stiffer than a Jamie. It's more suited for the aggressive rider who is riding fast and/or technical most of the time. The Jamie is more forgiving and playful than the Heritage.
P3 Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3 Mammoth View Post
There is a noticeable difference between a Jamie Lynn and NS Heritage. The Heritage is a directional twin and stiffer than a Jamie. It's more suited for the aggressive rider who is riding fast and/or technical most of the time. The Jamie is more forgiving and playful than the Heritage.
Jammie Lynn is also a directional twin. The flex is pretty similar between the two - not big enough to be a showstopper from getting either board.

The biggest difference in my opinion is: Heritage has a better, higher quality topsheet and Phoenix has MTX that is more suitable for icy conditions while still subtle enough to not catch/grab too hard.

Both are excellent boards ... I say the design that you like the best will win
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Another difference is the sidecut radius. The Jamie Lynn has a very shallow sidecut, while the Heritage has a deep sidecut.
L3mnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3mnhead View Post
Another difference is the sidecut radius. The Jamie Lynn has a very shallow sidecut, while the Heritage has a deep sidecut.
Thank you for the reply. How does the sidecut radius factor in the performance of each? Thanks again
double is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

jamie lynn has camber underfoot and heritage has camber outside the bindings. camber underfoot feels more skatey, and the binding outside the foot you can make tighter better carves.

heritage is also lighter. the lib boards are always on the heavier side unless they use basalt.

can't go wrong either way. theyre both made for hard riding.
Beschatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. How does the sidecut radius factor in the performance of each? Thanks again
The deeper sidecut on the Heritage makes the board want to turn more. It will do long radius carves with no problem, but it's a board that loves to make a lot of turns. The bigger sidecut on the Jamie Lynn will naturally want to do longer, sweeping carves.
L3mnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3mnhead View Post
The deeper sidecut on the Heritage makes the board want to turn more. It will do long radius carves with no problem, but it's a board that loves to make a lot of turns. The bigger sidecut on the Jamie Lynn will naturally want to do longer, sweeping carves.
deeper sidecut is easier to turn/carve but they are shorter. mellowed out sidecuts are longer sweepy curves. just wanted to support ur reply.

the radius of the sidecut determines how big the carve can go.
Beschatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

Just wanted to add my experiences to what everyone else has said. I rode the 2009 Libtech Jamie Lynn Phoenix 154 (155?) and it was a decent board. While 2008 Jamie Lynn Phoenix was one of my favorite boards (I maybe have even liked it more than my 2008 traditional camber Never Summer SL), I wasn't thrilled with even the mild BTX/MTX added to the Jamie Lynn compared to previous models. I ended up getting rid of the Jamie Lynn and have been riding Never Summer SL 155 for the past couple of years. It is great on groomers, good in powder (not as good as a true powder board), turns easily and is maneuverable in trees and moguls as you are looking for.

Last season I demo'd the 2012 Evo, Proto Ct, and SL and got a Proto CT 154 to reflect my more recent focus on park riding - but if I were doing what you were doing... I would have stuck with the SL or maybe got the Heritage (which from my understanding is mainly a little stiffer and has the carbonium topsheet that that SL doesn't - someone can confirm that).

So personally I would definitely recommend the Heritage over the Jamie Lynn (with the admission that I haven't ridden the 2012 Jamie Lynn or Heritage... only previous versions of the board by the same company). Good luck.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote