Freeride board for small girl - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Freeride board for small girl

Hi everyone
Iím looking for a new snowboard. I currently ride a ride compact 139. I donít really like this board as it chatters at speed and it doesnít have good edge hold.

Iím small (5ft) and very light which limits the boards I can ride - Iím looking for something up to 141.
I ride mostly piste and sidecountry, I hardly ever venture into the park. I do a bit of tree skiing so being able to turn well in all snow is a plus. I like to ride fairly fast and carve. I often get to ride deep pow so performance here is a plus.
I need a board that can handle deep pow, that can turn easily and has excellent edge control.
So far I narrowed it down to salomon lark, burton feelgood flying v or the ride farah -these seem to be the only more aggressive all all mountain/freeride boards under 142.

Can anyone help me out with comparisons of these boards? Iím not sure Ill be able to demo because ski shops rarely have hire boards in my size.
Budgies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgies View Post
Hi everyone
Iím looking for a new snowboard. I currently ride a ride compact 139. I donít really like this board as it chatters at speed and it doesnít have good edge hold.

Iím small (5ft) and very light which limits the boards I can ride - Iím looking for something up to 141.
I ride mostly piste and sidecountry, I hardly ever venture into the park. I do a bit of tree skiing so being able to turn well in all snow is a plus. I like to ride fairly fast and carve. I often get to ride deep pow so performance here is a plus.
I need a board that can handle deep pow, that can turn easily and has excellent edge control.
So far I narrowed it down to salomon lark, burton feelgood flying v or the ride farah -these seem to be the only more aggressive all all mountain/freeride boards under 142.

Can anyone help me out with comparisons of these boards? Iím not sure Ill be able to demo because ski shops rarely have hire boards in my size.
Hi,

It would be helpful to post your weight (and boot size) as well.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Farah is for sure the most performance oriented being more camrock than rocker. The Feelgood is in the middle, and the Lark is the most playful.

If you really want stability, snap, and smoothness through crud go for the Ride. The Feelgood will float easier and be a little bit more agile in the trees. The Lark will probably float the best, but be the least stable of the three and easiest to maneuver in the trees.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Regarding the previous post, I'm 90 (40kgs) and size 6 feet.

Thanks for the info. Im worried that the ride board will essentially be the same as the compact which I currently use and have really bad edge hold.

What about the regular burton feelgood?
Budgies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Have you ever ridden a stiffer freeride board? How did it feel? Your feet are pretty small, so you really need to be careful with waist widths. I am about your size, with a size 4 boot, and my toes end up being too far from the edge of my board to control it very well. The stiffer the board, the harder it will be to control. The compromise for a light rider with small feet is to find a good combination in a freestyle board of easy turning and stability. For me, that board is a Never Summer Pandora - soft and easy to turn, but still very damp and stable for all-mountain riding. It floats well in powder and have vario grip edges for ice and hard pack.

So from your list, the Farah would be the riskiest board to purchase. It is an aggressive board, but it may be too stiff for you to be able to turn with your small feet. The Feelgood is a better bet. Also look at the Never Summer Infinity, which is similar in terms of stiffness to the Feelgood.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote