ok... enough lolly gagging - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default ok... enough lolly gagging

my first board:

alright, ive been researching like mad and im going crazy. i just want to hit jumps rails boxes etc and survive making it to the bottom of the hill on any old run. ive read so much about all this snowboard tech. i cant choose a board. rocker? camber? hybrid? sintered? extruded? traction? i dont know whats the best i just want a board that has it all. all the gadgets, bells and whistles i just want a board thats going to last a while that i can grow a lot a lot a lot into.

heres what ive been looking at:

burton custom flying v (but idk if it will be good for park
lib tech attack banana (but its not sintered?)
never summer proto ct (i dont know much about this board yet)

what do you guys think of a great board that is going to do it all and have lots of room to grow. i want all the best of everything i dont care about price really. AHG#$%&$
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

oh yea and im 5'11.5 170-175 lbs size 9.5 or 10 boot
Old 12-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

those are all great boards, you will get a lot of suggestions for the proto, its getting really good reviews. Some people don't like btx from libtech, but maybe you will. And I rode the custom flying v once last year, felt very unstable, maybe just me cuz all I've ridden is camber but felt WAY to lose for my liking. But a lot of people swear by their custom FV!
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notter123 View Post
those are all great boards, you will get a lot of suggestions for the proto, its getting really good reviews. Some people don't like btx from libtech, but maybe you will. And I rode the custom flying v once last year, felt very unstable, maybe just me cuz all I've ridden is camber but felt WAY to lose for my liking. But a lot of people swear by their custom FV!
thats basically what ive been finding. but are there othber boards that compare to these tech wise? i just want the best of the best really lol. well for my level
Old 12-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

honestly, basically what I was trying to say is that at your skill level, all of those boards will work. Your not good enough yet to be able to really tell the minor differences that all high end boards have. The only time you really should be getting nitpicky is when you start getting really good. But for all intensive purposes, the proto is your best bet.
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

get a lib cygnus. it costs 2,500 dollars and you'll never have to buy another snowboard again!

Beschatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's true here, rider vs board so pick one and ride.

I get caught up in all of this gear talk. Trying to read, then buy, then second guessing, then trying to sell and buy another board without ever even trying the first one.

Pick one, and ride. here is a good start. It's just two or three dude's opinions but they've ridden a lot of boards.

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Board Review Break Down

I've done more reading than you probably have and if I was a little heavier and had a larger foot I'd be buying a blacklist. Right now I'm on an Evo. Westmark is another I want to hop on.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

im thinking im set on the proto ct if i can find one. ebay doesnt have any, does anyone know a good site to buy one new that has them in stock? im on my phone right now lol, also what are really good bindings for the proto ct? i like the malavitas??
Old 12-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you want a park oriented quiver killer, my favorites that I rode were the Signal Omni, Bataleon Whatever, Nitro Pro One Offs, or the Arbor Blacklist.

With those four you can pick camrock, TBT (camber), RC, and full rocker. All you need.

Proto's good, but over $600? Yeah, meh... I'd rather a Forum Destroyer Doubledog over that... way cheaper. Imma get yeldz at for that one. Oh well.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote