snowboard decision - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default snowboard decision

Hi there wondering if anyone could help me out. I am looking to buy a new board and am torn between the ride machete and the ride dh2.4

I have been riding for to seasons so would class myself as an intermediate rider. I have only rode in new zealand so havent really had much time with a lot of powder. I am 6ft 1 and weigh around 165lbs. i currently ride a 156cm ride agenda which i love and is very flexible and good for me in the park which i am starting to ride but feel this mite be a bit short for me in the powder as i am heading to canada next year. i want a board that i can use for the powder but also be used in the park so want quite an all round board. i was thinking about getting the 159 - 160cm. (Maybe Wide) would this be the right size to use as both.

any advice wud be greatly appreciated cheers
bounds24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

c'mon im new on here any help please
Old 12-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dude you waited a half hour to bump this... Easy up .I'm guessing you're looking at 2011?

Neither are playful in the tips and the 2.4 is basically a stiff cambered board. Not playful at all.

Honestly i would look somewhere other than Ride. While they make some really good boards, one of the holes in their lineup is the board you seek. They need to add a half length pop rod to the Crush. That's what you're looking for.

So, instead... What's your budget?

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

K2 fastplant might be what you are looking for. it is advertised as a park board but it does great in just about all condtions. Only get a wide one if your feets are big enough.
Riley212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hi sorry mate it has been on here couple days i just edited it. budget prob around£400 dunno what that is in dollars. and my feet are a uk size 10. I will have a look at the k2 cheers. what about the board length for my height and weight? is my 156 to small for powder or about rite if i wanna use it for park as well.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well in that case I would look into a Signal Park Flat 154, Arbor Blacklist 154, Salomon Drift Rocker 154, or a Flow Verve 155.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounds24 View Post
Hi there wondering if anyone could help me out. I am looking to buy a new board and am torn between the ride machete and the ride dh2.4

I have been riding for to seasons so would class myself as an intermediate rider. I have only rode in new zealand so havent really had much time with a lot of powder. I am 6ft 1 and weigh around 165lbs. i currently ride a 156cm ride agenda which i love and is very flexible and good for me in the park which i am starting to ride but feel this mite be a bit short for me in the powder as i am heading to canada next year. i want a board that i can use for the powder but also be used in the park so want quite an all round board. i was thinking about getting the 159 - 160cm. (Maybe Wide) would this be the right size to use as both.

any advice wud be greatly appreciated cheers
just got the 156 ride agenda, how does it handle high speeds and more all mountain type stuff??
pwilldabeast14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

I find it a good board. it takes on the high speeds very well even tho flexible it doesnt seem to wobble to much. and is good for having fun with!!!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks man! im a little shorter and dont weigh as much so should be a good fit, takin it to whistler soon!
pwilldabeast14 is offline   Reply With Quote