Finally getting a new board...which one? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Finally getting a new board...which one?

I've been riding for quite a few years, but up until the last couple I didn't get out nearly as much as I would have liked. I've been riding some random Lamar board for the last few. I'm far from good, but I'm competent, and comfortable to the point where I'd like to actually invest in a decent setup this year.

I'm 6'1, 180lbs. Size 11 feet. I'm done growing.

I suppose I ride anything, but I'm looking to invest in a board for the park....mostly because I live in Ontario, and the hills that I would be riding on a regular basis...well I don't think it would really matter. I could probably be riding a wakeboard. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this though...

As for budget, originally I had planned to be under 400 for the board, but that was before I did any research. I'm not sure how possible that is, but if you guys have some recommendations in that price range that'd be great (though I'm willing to go a bit higher).

Thanks guys.

EDIT: also if anyone knows any spots near Toronto that might do a bit of a deal for board + bindings that'd be great. i'll probably end up holding off on boots for the time being.
casuals is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jeb

You'll want to look through the forum (under "Boards") and you'll find dozens of threads almost identical to this one: riders looking to buy a "do it all" board for under 4-bills.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...ide-board.html

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...-mountain.html

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...oard-help.html

(There's a thousand of them. Check these out.)

Good luck.
Jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Boots are the most important part of your setup, i'd recommend getting those before the bindings.
Ramsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Poke around here for about a week and you'll find what you want.

Highlights: Arbor Blacklist/Westmark, Nitro Pro one offs (156's), Signal Park Flat or Omni, Rome Reverb Rocker, Flow Verve or Era, Bataleon Whatever or EvilTwin

You should be shooting for that 156 range.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback guys, been looking into the Blacklist, Reverb Rocker, and Flow Verve...gonna shop around for those. And get some boots I guess.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just a little FYI gear up here in Canada is sooooo much more expensive than in the states even though our dollar is on par. So if you frequent taking a trip to NY state check out shops there. Im all for supporting locally but when it comes to saving as much as a hundo I'm gonna be cheap.

Also just noticed tonight that Zumiez has a sale on their signal boards and the Park Flat is only $299, pretty good deal in my opinion and their shipping is reasonable. I might get a park rocker light.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsfan View Post
Just a little FYI gear up here in Canada is sooooo much more expensive than in the states even though our dollar is on par. So if you frequent taking a trip to NY state check out shops there. Im all for supporting locally but when it comes to saving as much as a hundo I'm gonna be cheap.

Also just noticed tonight that Zumiez has a sale on their signal boards and the Park Flat is only $299, pretty good deal in my opinion and their shipping is reasonable. I might get a park rocker light.
Yeah man it's actually kinda ridiculous. But someone tipped me off on the forum that you can get it shipped to a US address for basically nothing, then pick it up (in Buffalo).

CBI USA | US Mailbox Rental & US Shipping Address Services that's the link.

Zumiez actually opened up a store in my area recently, checked them out today...they had the Reverb Rocker for $520...which I thought was ridiculous considering they also had the Skate Banana for $520. Another small local shop I went to had some better prices, plus they give you 20% off if you buy board + bindings, but they didn't carry Arbor or Rome. They had a Ride Kink for $380, which seemed reasonable...but after checking the reviews they seemed pretty mixed..

I'll check out a few more stores on the weekend then if I cant find anything I'm gonna just ship to Buffalo or take a trip down. Not in too much of a rush, hills are just starting to open.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casuals View Post
Yeah man it's actually kinda ridiculous. But someone tipped me off on the forum that you can get it shipped to a US address for basically nothing, then pick it up (in Buffalo).

CBI USA | US Mailbox Rental & US Shipping Address Services that's the link.

Zumiez actually opened up a store in my area recently, checked them out today...they had the Reverb Rocker for $520...which I thought was ridiculous considering they also had the Skate Banana for $520. Another small local shop I went to had some better prices, plus they give you 20% off if you buy board + bindings, but they didn't carry Arbor or Rome. They had a Ride Kink for $380, which seemed reasonable...but after checking the reviews they seemed pretty mixed..

I'll check out a few more stores on the weekend then if I cant find anything I'm gonna just ship to Buffalo or take a trip down. Not in too much of a rush, hills are just starting to open.
Zumiez has a store in Canada?

Yeah I've heard of those companies that offer rental boxes and thats a great idea if you live close to the borer.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsfan View Post
Zumiez has a store in Canada?

Yeah I've heard of those companies that offer rental boxes and thats a great idea if you live close to the borer.
Yeah, got one in Pickering (just outside Toronto). According to google there's one in Toronto, and Scarborough.

Their shipping is actually reasonable, but if you ship if you gotta pay duties I'd assume...whereas if you pick it up you can just lie usually.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Meltdown in Toronto are having a sale/special every day of the month, so check that out
Quantity is offline   Reply With Quote