Snowboard Size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Snowboard Size

Hello everyone, im buying a Santa Cruz AllStar snowboard which is 159cm in length, but the person selling me it measured it to be around 157cm, so i was just wondering since im about 6feet tall and about 140lbs, is this board too big for me? or do you think it is a good size??

I checked Capitas Snowboard sizing chart and it said 6feet tall should have a 160+cm snowboard, but that is for people around 170lbs. so i dont know how much this will affect my ride cause it will be my first board, and alot of people say preference is key, so do you think i will get used to it??

your opinion helps thanks!
Joey Macleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

We have the same body type almost. I am 6'2" and weigh 160 lbs. My first board I got is a 156 and I wish I would have gone bigger. The board I got is suppppppper easy for me to whip around but for all mtn it kinda sucks. You should have no problems on a 159 at all. I wouldn't go any bigger though. All personal feel. My whole idea on boards has changed since I bought my first board a few months ago. Only way to know what you truly like is to just get out there and shred. But yeah 159 will be good. If you ever want to do park get a shorter board. Probably a 155. But like I said, all personal preference.
ace9213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the info, but yes, i do plan on shredding the park sometime by mid season. Hopefully it will go well.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yes i understand what your saying, but im getting this board for dirt cheap, and really does 3 - 4cm make THAT big of a difference? because i still am growing as i am getting taller and heavier, and i want to keep this board for a few years to come, so do you think it is worth it to start a bit big and grow into it?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Well i am 16 years old, and i am gaining height and weight a pretty fast pace, so i plan to be around 150 - 170 within the next few seasons, as well as i think i will grow in height wise too, but what makes me so confused are the mixed emotions between many people, alot say that a bigger board means i have more control, while a smaller board i can carve better but it takes more balance, but like im just going to be riding down local hills/ slopes, nothing to hardcore ect. and alot of people said a bigger board is better for cruising, saying that, however the owner of the board said he measured it to be more like 156/157cm in length, therefore i think it is a reasonable size for me.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

thanks for the info it is really appriciated
Old 12-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Like snowolf said that board is way too big for you. I am 25 lbs heavier and ride a 155 all mountain.
Tech420 is offline   Reply With Quote