Help Choosing a Board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help Choosing a Board?

I'm an intermediate rider (comfortable with blacks) and after riding a Gnu CHB MTX for the last three years I'd like to get something new. Reading board reviews and descriptions can be overwhelming with all the different technology available. I know what I'd like to be able to do on the mountain, so I was hoping someone with more experience could take a look and point me in the right direction.

My current goals are:
- learn to ride faster (not check my speed so much)
- learn to ollie and maybe some other beginner tricks
- get better at trees and moguls (sharper turns and more control)

Now, I know that some of these conflict in terms of board technology and I know there's not going to be a perfect answer, so I'd just like to know what people think and get some recommendations.

Some relevant info: I'm 5'9, 150 pounds, size 10 boots. The aforementioned carbon high beam I've been riding is 153cm, and it's not really easy for me to make sharp turns (and nearly impossible for me to get the nose up off the ground) so I'm wondering if I shouldn't get something smaller and lighter. It also feels incredibly stiff, although I don't have a lot to compare it to. I live on the east coast where there's a lot of hardpack, but I also try to spend two weeks of each season on the west coast, so I end up riding in a decent amount of powder as well.

If there's anything important I'm leaving out, let me know and I'll add it. Thanks!
danben is offline   Reply With Quote