Recommend me a board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 01:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kyle201

Default Recommend me a board?

Alright, well I really need a new snowboard and bindings, but I don't know much about them or what to look for. Right now I have a cheap LTD board I've had for quite a while, and haven't used it in a while so I finally realized I need a new one.

I've been boarding for a couple years, and I've been trying to learn tricks, but my board makes it very difficult because it's so stiff, so I would like something flexible and light.

I'm about 5'11", 165lbs, and any help would be appreciated in what I should look for, or any recommendations of a certain board or bindings. My spending limit is around 500 for both.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 01:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
kr00ked

Smile

i recommend you look at the rome artifact. they will have a board your size and they have sweet graphics. it is a very nice board for park. and is very flexible. it comes at flexible price too(around 270-300)
But also check out Gnu, ride, nitro etc. they have very nice boards too.
as for bindings i recommend burton. they are realativeley cheap for the end of the season is coming. my friend got a pair of burton missions for 79 dollars. and those are some of the most responsive bindings i've ridden. if you want very, very nice bindings tho, check out flux or union.
i really hope this helps. and i hope you get a nice new board that ur happy with

later.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Kyle201

Hmm, well those boards you recommended seem like hardcore trick boards, but the boarding I'm doing is mostly just mountain riding, doing jumps, and other things just on the mountain, probably won't be doing any grinds and that shit, any recommendations for that?

Edit: Been looking at the Ride Havoc line, seems pretty good... anyone know anything about these?

Last edited by Kyle201; 03-06-2008 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
PETE BFLO

See my sig for my setup. I just started 'boarding this year but I'm 5' 10" 165 and it's a great setup for me. You should be able to find some good deals on gear for cheap this time of year. Not sure where you are but Ski Market stores (northeast) have 40% off all winter gear.

Last edited by PETE BFLO; 03-06-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
₪Ninja Nate₪

Ride's Kink snowboard has a good amount of flex to it and has some good reviews and goes around $340. The Rome Artifact is another good park board; my friend just got it a few weeks ago and really likes it.
As for bindings i suggest Flux, Forum or Rome. Just watch out for Ride Bindings. The two pairs of ride bindings ive had (SPI and Delta) have fallen appart suprisingly fast.