Arbor Blacklist or Attack Banana? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 02:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Arbor Blacklist or Attack Banana?

Hey fellas....I'm a torn between these boards. (Plus the Lib TRS)

I split my riding between Mammoth free riding and So Cal parks (Bear and Mt High). Looking for a board that will be fun on the rails and kickers but still handle some speedy free riding, drops and powder. I really do ride 50% park and 50% all mtn.

I'm currently on a K2 Darkstar 159 but want some new tech. I rode my buddy's Rossi JDUB 158 today and loved it. It has a weird camber between feet and rocker under foot shape. It is the 1st rocker board I have ridden.

I'm 185 and wear a 10.5 boot.

I was looking at 157 on the Blacklist and the 159 Attack Banana. I am also looking closely at the Lib TRS 159.

Any help or feedback would be much appreciated.
Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trio View Post
Hey fellas....I'm a torn between these boards. (Plus the Lib TRS)

I split my riding between Mammoth free riding and So Cal parks (Bear and Mt High). Looking for a board that will be fun on the rails and kickers but still handle some speedy free riding, drops and powder. I really do ride 50% park and 50% all mtn.

I'm currently on a K2 Darkstar 159 but want some new tech. I rode my buddy's Rossi JDUB 158 today and loved it. It has a weird camber between feet and rocker under foot shape. It is the 1st rocker board I have ridden.

I'm 185 and wear a 10.5 boot.

I was looking at 157 on the Blacklist and the 159 Attack Banana. I am also looking closely at the Lib TRS 159.

Any help or feedback would be much appreciated.
Considering you're access to so many Lib and Arbor dealers I would demo all three. They're all great boards. Call Val Surf or LeRoy's in SoCal to check on their demo availability, and call Wave Rave in Mammoth. Wave Rave and Val Surf both carry a wide variety of Mervin and Arbor boards. Seriously - considering the cost it would be wise to take advantage of the local accessibility.

If I had to choose now - I would say the TRS. One, the magnetraction will serve you well considering the snowfall thus far. Two, the TRS will serve you well in your 50/50 approach to the mtn.
SnowSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you liked the J-dub try some other Rossi boards, I had a Burton Hero last year & loved it.
Until I tried the Rossi Jibsaw. After riding this for about 3 hours, I hated my Hero & never rode it again. I sold it before I wrecked it.
This thing fuckin`rips, huge pop, super stable, & it has magna-traction too.

Try it, you`ll like it.

RE1WC03 Jibsaw Magtek - YouTube
2012 Rossignol Jibsaw Snowboard Review - YouTube

TT
timmytard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

TRS? I never really saw it as a good board...well damn.

I guess I overlook that board entirely.
Beschatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you liked Camrock try the original. Look at the 159 Signal Omni.

As far as your original inquiry, Blacklist for sure, even over the TRS. Seriously great.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 12-15-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback.

I know I should go demo all of these (and that is great advice) but I'm a bit starved for time and want to pull the trigger and start riding my new board as soon as this weekend. I'm pretty sure I will be stoked with any of the boards but I keep going back to the damn TWSnow reviews. It's dumb, I know it..I'm in advertising and get how it works. But I have bought Good Wood a few times in the past and been happy with the boards. That's why I keep going back to the TRS and Attack. That said I would love to support Arbor. I dig their vibe and the Blacklist looks mental.

How does the TRS work in the park? I'm sure it's fun for kickers but how about rails and boxes?

How does the the Blacklist or Attack Banana handle bombing down groomers? They seem to be somewhat similar in concept.

Has anyone riding the Lib TNT base noticed that the board is slower than a sintered base? I would guess not or they would make it...Why do they make it different anyway?

Sorry to geek out on board tech and choices but what the hell else is the internet for.

Thanks again!
Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

the attack banana is awesome for bombing down the whole mountain, go in to the park and play around and then take it to the backcountry.
its a stable lively fun board, i love it.
ohh and the TNT base is fast as #%&.

Last edited by SuperRalfons; 12-16-2011 at 02:56 AM.
SuperRalfons is offline   Reply With Quote