Anyone here with an SL or legacy? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone here with an SL or legacy?

I am thinking of picking one up and weigh around 175lbs or 78kilos. I also wear 11.5 boots. I was looking at a 161. Do you think their will be major difference in flex & stiffness between 2 or 3 cm's of board length or a wide?
ttchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have a 2009 SL and it is a 155. My weight since owning the last few seasons it has varied from 180 to the current 220. Honestly, I had no problem even at my current weight with the board - it held up just fine for both carving/speed/stability and for jumps and entry level park (I'm a newbie in the park).

I do only have a size 9.5 foot so I didn't need to consider a wide version of a board.
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttchad View Post
I am thinking of picking one up and weigh around 175lbs or 78kilos. I also wear 11.5 boots. I was looking at a 161. Do you think their will be major difference in flex & stiffness between 2 or 3 cm's of board length or a wide?
I'm 5'9" 155 lbs, would rate myself as an expert free-rider (can tackle any in-bounds slope/chute) and an (upper?)-intermediate at freestyler (can do 540s, have attempted and sort of landed front and backflips... not very cleanly or consistently though).

I ride a 2009 SL 155 cm and I like that length at lot as it is versatile (great for jumps, pipe and free-riding).

You didn't mention your ability level and riding preferences. If I was more free-riding oriented I would have gone with the 158 for myself (I've ridden boards up to 178cm) or the Heritage 155 (that model didn't exist back in 2009). If you are more freeride oriented I would go with the 161, more park biased 158... at 11.5 boots I would go with the Legacy.

You are correct that the flex and stiffness between 2-3cm different length of the same model board are subtle and mainly preference based. I would definitely consider the wide (Legacy) at 11.5 boot size.

Video of me riding the SL 155:

lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote