K2 Turbo Dream.... Opinions? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default K2 Turbo Dream.... Opinions?

Been doing the research on my new board and have kinda narrowed it down to the K2 Turbo Dream. I never would of thought I'd be riding a K2 but it sounds like a rad board. Can anyone chime in on this... i've been riding different camber's since about 94 and I think its time to make the switch.
local legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by local legend View Post
Been doing the research on my new board and have kinda narrowed it down to the K2 Turbo Dream. I never would of thought I'd be riding a K2 but it sounds like a rad board. Can anyone chime in on this... i've been riding different camber's since about 94 and I think its time to make the switch.

Just my .02$

I ride a 2010-11 TurboDream 157w, it's an unbeatable "All Mountain\Powder Board"(The K2 Panaramic is a TurboDream split) and I love it but to be honest if your using it for all mountain\freestyle or Park at all there's more capable boards out there like the SlayBlade for example

Where do you live\ride and what type of riding do you do?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

I absolutely love my 2011 157w k2 turbo dream. Check out my review thread for my opinions on it.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...ream-157w.html

I'd recommend it if you want an all mountain board, you don't ride ice all the time, and you like to charge shit yet still have a playful floaty board.

I, too went from a camber board to this deck. It was the best change i've made in snowboarding yet.

Last edited by ShredTaos; 12-16-2011 at 09:59 AM.
ShredTaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies. I ride in Tahoe and like to get all over the mountain. I don't really hit up the park like when I was younger. Usually jump if I'm near by or at the end of a run. But definitely want a board that is all mountain that does well in powder. When comparing to the slayblade it seemed like the turbo dream was the one for me. Can't wait to get out this season!
local legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

I thought for sure my next stick was going to be a turbo dream. Fortunately I demoed it and realized i didn't like it. I thought the board was very stiff and restricting. Not really a fun board. I ended up trying and buying the parkstar. Charged the hill just as well if not better than the turbo dream, and was a lot more responsive and playful. Long story short, you should demo the boards you are thinking of purchasing.
gchyld308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchyld308 View Post
I thought for sure my next stick was going to be a turbo dream. Fortunately I demoed it and realized i didn't like it. I thought the board was very stiff and restricting. Not really a fun board. I ended up trying and buying the parkstar. Charged the hill just as well if not better than the turbo dream, and was a lot more responsive and playful. Long story short, you should demo the boards you are thinking of purchasing.
Not sure how a board can be more responsive and playful since these are opposing attributes, more stiff=more responsive , nothing against the park star it's a great board but not as advanced and more of a park and noodle board than a freeride powder board and if you think the TD is stiff I'm assuming you've never really ridden a big mountain freeride board.