How big is the difference between the NS Premier & Lotus - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default How big is the difference between the NS Premier & Lotus

I might be getting a Lotus & I'm just wondering if it is going to be too noodle-e?
I think I'll be all right as far as toe overhang goes.
The Lotus is the womens premier? No?

stats
size waist edge sidecut tip/tail Dampness Flex
Lotus 157 23.8 122 vario700 28.6/28.4 8.5 4
Premier 157 24.9 122 vario745 29.3 7 5.5

Now I don't really see a big difference in the stats, or if there is I don't understand it.
The real big difference that I can see is in the Dampness & the Flex.

I'm just trying to figure out if, because it's a chicks board is it going to be to floppy or I don't know?
I'm pretty good nothing spectacular, & I know their are chicks out there that weigh the same & could blow my doors off. If they can't break it I shouldn't right?

So do you think it will be too Noodle-e? Will I break it? Will I even notice anything?
I'm about 5'10 & 160lbs I like to freeride. I'll hit the park, I'm not big on the rails but like the big booters. Last year I had @ least 20 days with 2 feet of fluffy goodness.

Will this work for me?
Have any other dudes tried the Lotus?

Thank you

TT

Yes I obviously know it's a girls board

Last edited by timmytard; 12-17-2011 at 03:51 AM. Reason: clarity
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 02:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What size boots are you again?

Vario700 vs Vario745 seems like a decent difference in sidecut to me. I don't quite know how vario-grip changes what a sidecut feels like, but back in the day of circular sidecuts (everything now a days is progressive/parabolic/multi-radii sidecuts) a 50 cm difference in SCR was noticeable.

Typically a women's board is just a men's board with narrower waist (since women have smaller feet) and less stiffness (since women tend to have less lean muscle mass). Check out Venture Snowboard's philosophy on gender-specific boards.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Your forum name fits you and your questions perfectly

Don't get a flippin lotus, it's a chick stick, nuff said
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I thought about the side cut, smaller circles=sharper turns?
Maybe that's just because of the tapered tail?
But I'm more wondering about the diff in Flex & Dampness.
I'm not saying I'm better than any girl & that's why I might break it, but I definitely do stupider shit than most girls. Hence the name.

I haven't checked out the link yet, but I will.

I'm trading a 20 or so year old Shawn Farmer, that I was gonna sell for $50 bones for an almost brand new 2011 Never Summer Lotus that had been a demo board for girls.

All I see there is "lady driven" & "no accidents"
So I don't give two shits if it is a girls board.
Nuff said

TT
Old 12-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
I thought about the side cut, smaller circles=sharper turns?
Maybe that's just because of the tapered tail?
But I'm more wondering about the diff in Flex & Dampness.
Sharper turns, but also less stable at high speeds. If you know what you are doing, you can bend a long sidecut board into a sharper turn... but it's hard to do a high speed (velocity), wide turn on a shorter sidecut board (the board will "want" to turn tightet and so will feel a little twitchy as it will have a tendency to try and pull you into a tighter arc).

Tapered tail will release the edge earlier in the turn, letting you transition from edge to edge more quickly - letting you do slashy half-turns.

Well, it's going to be flexier ... and it going to be less damp (they removed some of the dampening material to reduce weight I think).

Hey... why don't you just email info@neversummer.com. They are clearly the most qualified to answer your question, and you can avoid random people trash-talking that way. I've email them a few times before and they always answer in a few days (don't expect a reply in 20 mins).
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
I might be getting a Lotus & I'm just wondering if it is going to be too noodle-e?
I think I'll be all right as far as toe overhang goes.
The Lotus is the womens premier? No?

stats
size waist edge sidecut tip/tail Dampness Flex
Lotus 157 23.8 122 vario700 28.6/28.4 8.5 4
Premier 157 24.9 122 vario745 29.3 7 5.5

Now I don't really see a big difference in the stats, or if there is I don't understand it.
The real big difference that I can see is in the Dampness & the Flex.

I'm just trying to figure out if, because it's a chicks board is it going to be to floppy or I don't know?
I'm pretty good nothing spectacular, & I know their are chicks out there that weigh the same & could blow my doors off. If they can't break it I shouldn't right?

So do you think it will be too Noodle-e? Will I break it? Will I even notice anything?
I'm about 5'10 & 160lbs I like to freeride. I'll hit the park, I'm not big on the rails but like the big booters. Last year I had @ least 20 days with 2 feet of fluffy goodness.

Will this work for me?
Have any other dudes tried the Lotus?

Thank you

TT

Yes I obviously know it's a girls board

The 158 Heritage would seem a more appropriate choice?
crispynz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Thanks lonerider, don't know why I didn't think of that?

crispynz1
The 158 Heritage would seem a more appropriate choice?
That may be true, but this guy was originally going to buy my old Farmer deck for $50, then he wanted me to hold it for him for $100. I just took a stab in the dark & said "if you can find a Never Summer with R&C for the $100 you were going to give me, grab it & I'll trade ya"
That is so far fetched, I didn't think he would find one. Especially for $100 bucks or if he did it would be beat to shit. I told him I didn't care if it was a chicks board as long as it had R&C & was big enough for me to ride.

Well just as I thought, he couldn't find one for $100. Because people just don't really want to sell them for that cheap, or they want to keep them.

He did however, find this Lotus for $250. He bought it for $250 to trade me for the 20 year old Farmer, that I was selling for $50, & he is coming from Colorado to Vancouver, Canada, to do the trade.

So, ya maybe a Heritage would work better for me, but I'm happier than a pig in shit, just to be getting this one. I'm trading a 20yo board that I don't even ride anymore for a 1 year old Never Summer with R&C.

It may be a girls board but here are a couple pics. The guys Burton Hero, I had last year.
& the Never Summer Lotus. (chick stick)

One of these boards just reeks of HOMO, I think we know which one. Who the fuck pics pink & purple then decides "Oh ya I think I'll throw on a Seal balancing a beach ball, Ahh! perfect"

Not this Redneck!!, I only got it cause it was super cheap & almost brand new.

Stoked is an understatement, I giddy like a school girl with a girl deck.

TT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NeverSummer-Lotus-Snowboard.jpg (89.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg hero.jpg (9.7 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by timmytard; 12-17-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: missing words