Never Summer Pandora - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Never Summer Pandora

I am looking to get my wife a new board for Christmas and came across a couple boards the B-Nice and the Pandora. One of the problems I'm having is that I have store credit where I could essentially get the Pandora for free but they only have a 143 and don't carry the B-Nice. She is 5'2" 140 with a size 7 shoe. She is a beginner who will be mainly riding grommers. Never Summer recommended a 146 but I was wondering if anyone had any other thoughts on size or board suggestions(Roxy?). Thanks

Last edited by Rider161; 12-17-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Rider161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

I am your wife's size and have a '09-'10 B-Nice 145. It is the board I learned on and I love it. Can't speak for the NS, but the B-Nice is definitely a great board for a beginner/intermediate woman. And the graphics this year are awesome! You could always use the store credit on yourself
stealthyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider161 View Post
I am looking to get my wife a new board for Christmas and came across a couple boards the B-Nice and the Pandora. One of the problems I'm having is that I have store credit where I could essentially get the Pandora for free but they only have a 143 and don't carry the B-Nice. She is 5'2" 140 with a size 7 shoe. She is a beginner who will be mainly riding grommers. Never Summer recommended a 146 but I was wondering if anyone had any other thoughts on size or board suggestions(Roxy?). Thanks
If she is a beginner... a 143 will be fine. When you are considering different lengths of the same model board, 2-3 cm is a pretty small difference overall. 146 would be more stable at high speeds, which isn't necessary for her.

Just to be clear, when you say "Never Summer recommended" you mean you email info@neversummer.com (or you called them up) and they replied?
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Thanks for the insight, and yes I emailed Never Summer I was just kinda shocked that they didn't recommend a couple different sizes.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yikes. A 143 is really, really short for someone who weighs 140 pounds. I weight about 105 and my boards have ranged in size from 140 to 144. I would get her something in the 145-149 range, otherwise she'll outgrow the board extremely quickly.

Now, the Pandora rocks. So does the B-Nice, but those are likely not the best options. Does the shop carry a Roxy Ollie Pop - perfect board for a beginner/progressing rider.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

For what its worth, my wife is 145lbs and 5'8". She's an intermediate-advanced freerider. I bought her a 149 and after TONS of research,looking at numerous weight charts/calculators and talking to people (including never summer), I ended up buying her a 154 NS Infinity. I'm sure she would be able to ride the 149 but it wouldn't be as versatile as a longer board.
braintree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I will have to check and I do believe that they do carry Roxy but unsure on that specific board and again appreciate all the insight