Did i buy the right board for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Did i buy the right board for me?

Hi I just have a few questions whether I bought the right snowboard or not, I have a 2010 lib tech skate banana 156. I never do any park/jumps/tricks and I really don't plan on it either. I just go to the top and take a nice ride down haha, I really don't go fast but occasionally I'll pick up some speed and go fast. I live on the east coast and most of the time the conditions are icy, but I do go to hunter and Killington quiet a bit and it's more powder conditions. It's my 3rd season and as far as skill level, I can do blues with ease and blacks if I go a little slower. And recently i did some black diamonds at hunter mt and it was really difficult to turn and bring my back foot around, is the skate banana good for this type of stuff and if not what type/kind of board do i need, stiff or flex, and what "damp" thanks for any and all help, if you need any more info just ask and i will provide it. thank you
LoEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Magnatraction has gotta be good for that ice you speak of
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

.......Indeed
Old 12-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

With out knowing your weight it is hard to say. I am 170lbs have a 159 skate banana and it can handle any terrain at my mountain. Its not ideal for carving up steep bumpy stuff, but it is a fun ride all over. I find the board really easy and quick to turn, and carves on groomers really well. If you are over 200lbs a 156 skate banana will be on the softer side.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

im 185 lbs
Old 12-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

At your ability level the skate banana will work well. I think you will find it very fun to ride as it will make all types of turns easier for you. As you progress and start to ride steeper terrain more aggressively you may find your self wanting a stiffer bigger board. If you chose to focus more on freestyle this board will work for that too.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think there are boards that would be better for what you describe, but not so much that you really need to go buy a new one.

It sounds like you are real casual with your riding so the board isn't going to make much difference. If you plan on progressing with your riding a lot more (i.e. steeper and faster) then you'd want something a little stiffer and probably with a hybrid rocker that will help you carve a little better.

If you like the skate bannana, something like the Lib TRS would be much better for what you are doing on the hill.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote