Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Helmets? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/4447-helmets.html)

hurtbirdbath 03-06-2008 06:25 PM

Helmets?

do you guys wear em? sometimes, all the time?

livelyjay 03-06-2008 06:29 PM

It only took one big fall for me to realize the importance of it. I wear one all the time now.

PETE BFLO 03-06-2008 06:33 PM

Every time out. I've smacked my head on the ice err..uh I mean snow quite a few times and it's saved me. Also it's warmer than a hat. If it's snowing out I don't have to deal with a wet lid. Also when I wore a hat and put my goggles up on my head they would always fog up. I don't have that problem with the goggles on top of the helmet. OH yeah and my helmet has a strap to keep my goggles from landing 20 feet down the slope when I bail. :D

Josh 03-06-2008 06:36 PM

I started out with one, but then it go too small so I haven't had one for the past 2 seasons. I will be getting one soon because I'm getting into the big stuff, along with fast freeriding through the trees.

Werk One 03-06-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelyjay (Post 40863)
It only took one big fall for me to realize the importance of it. I wear one all the time now.

Very true for me too. Just recently I went riding and I remember coming down a slope at a fast speed. When I tried to turn I don't know what happened but then next thing, I was on my knees with my goggles on the ground:eek:. From that moment I started feeling the symptoms of a mild concussion because I started forgetting stuff like "Why am I here?", "How did I get this board?":confused: It was a scary experience and yet kinda funny because of all the questions my friends said I was asking but it definitely was enough to get me to purchase a helmet. Do they have ass pads?? LOL

BRsnow 03-06-2008 07:04 PM

If you need to ask, you probably don't need one:laugh:

PETE BFLO 03-06-2008 07:10 PM

Same exact thing happened to a friend of mine. He didn't realize where he was for about 2 minutes. It was pretty scary.

₪Ninja Nate₪ 03-07-2008 12:12 AM

I have always worn a helmet, always have, always will. After getting knocked out with one on a few years back I haven't gone a day snowboarding without it.

litebrite 03-07-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelyjay (Post 40863)

Exactly how I feel 'bout it. I shudder at the thought to think what could have been if I wasn't wearing a helmet when I smacked my head on the ice.

qwerty4030 03-07-2008 12:29 AM

i wear one too. with speakers in the ear pads, its better than those plugs that fall out and keeps your ear warm too:thumbsup: