Question on Libtech's profiles - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question on Libtech's profiles

What is the difference between maximum pressure on the tip and tails vs mild pressure (in regards to their profiles)? Also I see some profiles that say mild pressure in the center vs maximum.

If you were looking for a rocker or hybrid profile that was very stable yet catch free (with minimal washy/surfing feeling) which would be the best profile? I had a skatebanana that I just couldn't get into. It wasn't stable for the speeds I like to ride especially on ice or chop. Plus it felt too squirly for me.

I currently rock a Ride DH2.5 which is very stable (due to the small camber in between the feet with slight rocker on the tips). It doesn't have that washy feeling like you get with many other rockers. I'm curious to check out Libtech again however confused on which profile would best fit what I like doing.

I mainly ride all mountain, bomb at speed, hit the trees, take some kickers and maybe park 15-20% of the time. I'm not into jibbing.

Thanks
EC
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Their pressure maps are approximations of the shape of their camber/rocker profiles. Its kind of a funny way to represent the differences in All rocker vs rocker+camber profiles. It represents the amount of force the board applies to the snow when you stand on it. Its not very accurate and each model is slightly different even though the have the same shape.

They have four different profiles

BTX- rocker between your feet and flat out to the tips. the lowest point is in the middle so all the pressure ill be there. Skate banana, box scratcher, birdman

C2BTX- Rocker between your feet and camber under them, the tips are the same height as the middle. Dark series, TRS, T-rice, Skunk apes, Lynn and Landvik

EC2- rocker between your feet and a parabolic camber that extends to the tips, it is basically right in between BTX and CB2. Attack Banana

C1- the is a half and half, BTX up front CB2 in the back. La Nina MC

The banana magic looks like an exaggerated version of the EC2.

The t-rice banana hammock is a constant curve rocker

Hope that clears things up.

Its best to put your hands on the lib boards and check them out they are all slightly different and can be slightly different even in the same model/year due to being hand made.

Also the lib stiffness ratings aren't to accurate either.

They are all good for ice, magnetraction is the shit, but the any of the C2BTX will be pretty stable. I ride the Banana Magic, it is stiff, fast, stable damp and light, i think its a harder charging board than the dark series i demoed first.

Last edited by Riley212; 12-21-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Riley212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What board is stable on ice?

You want a Lib or Gnu with C2BTX, check the Lynn, Lando, Rice, Dark, TRS. Riders choice.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

my skunkape is as good as they come… even though I hate ice
Old 12-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you like your Ride then why?

None of the Libs are going to be as smooth in a turn as your Ride, Slimewalls vs Magne. Slimewalls.

Is there something about your 2.5 that you wish it did better?

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
If you like your Ride then why?

None of the Libs are going to be as smooth in a turn as your Ride, Slimewalls vs Magne. Slimewalls.

Is there something about your 2.5 that you wish it did better?
I was just curious on Lib as I was checking them out again. I've heard the slimewalls aren't as good at gripping to chop as the Magne. Any insight you can provide?
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote