Another Which Setup would you recommend thread?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another Which Setup would you recommend thread??

I know I know... my first post and i'm already asking for advice, but it is nearing the end of the season and I keep toying with the idea of buying a new ride. :-P

I have actually been on this forum quiet a bit latley just never got around to registering, but have read through quiet a few posts.

Anyways let me get to the point

I'm an average rider I try to get to the mountian twice a week ofcourse that doesn't always happen...

I am 23 5'10" and weight is usualy between 130-140 boot size 11. Also I have been riding for about 5 years took last year off but have gotten back into it.

I enjoy doing mostly all mountian riding or "freeriding" currently I don't venture into the park very often and I don't see that changing very much in the future. I enjoy groomers / trees and the ocasional jumps. At this point in time you will never see me on rails / boxes but that could change in the future and if it does I have no problem getting a more "park" oriented board.

I am located in Nor Cal so I end up doing 99% of my riding in the Tahoe / Truckee area.
Budget isn't really an issue -

After doing some research / reading lots of posts on this forum and a few others I think I have it narrowed down to a few diffrent options but I am also up for any sugestions that I will not have listed.

Bindings - Rome 390 / Targa - any other sugestions would be great as well
For this setup I am not sure if I wouldn't be better off going with the Targa just becuase this board will more then likely never see the "park"

Board - This is where there are so many options and without being able to ride them before buying really makes things even harder imo. With options like Directional Standard / Almost Twin / True Twin / Directional Twin... ect ect

Never Summer SL / Premier - The reason I have the SL listed is becuase of a few things I have read about the NS boards being slightly heavier and wanting to go with something with a little more flex....

Rome Agent / Design - I have really only hard good things about all of the rome products so.. really how could I go wrong... but which board to choose from this manufacture..

GNU Riders Choice - well then ofcourse there is this board.. and. so so so many others..

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

Sorry this post got quiet lengthy but I was trying to get all the info here so the helpfull members here could be of the most help

Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice that is given.
Zemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i know that so many people on here love the rome bindings, but the heart and soul of rome is park, there most popular board is the artifact which is a rail slayer. The agent, there second most popular, is one of the best all mountain boards though. i bring up there park core to recommend you check out union bindings, they probably have some of the most quality binding you can buy. the sl is the board neversummer designed to play on the entire mountain, as opposed to just riding the mountain. sounds like that would be the best fit for you. though you may want to wait till next year, the people i know that have ridden the Nitro boards for 09 are just stunned, and in the past they haven't liked Nitro so check em out.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for your quick reply I will check out union for sure and I will also have to look into Nitro. So many diffrent options
also.. which union binding would you think for my style of riding?
Thanks again for the info

Last edited by Zemus; 03-06-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Shepherd

I'm pretty new to this sport so feel free to disregard my post. I have a size 11 boot and had to switch to a wide board for my second board when I upgraded boots. I bought the Ride Yukon and even though it is wide, it turns on a dime and is amazingly fast (faster than my old Ride Brushie). I totally recommend it. With your years of experience, I'd consider the Ride SPi bindings, they have gotten great reviews.

Looking at Never Summer, I was tempted to get the Heritage or Heritage X, that might be a good fit too. I ended up with the Yukon because I got a smokin' deal on the 08 model ($299). Never Summer has the best warranty and great customer service from what I hear on this and other forums. I can't speak to the choices you have above, but your style of riding sounds similar to mine so thought I'd chime in to give you some more options. Just what you needed, right!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Everything you listed would be great. If you don't ride switch much though, you might like the NS Premier more than the SL. The SL is their do everything board, and the Premier is more of a freeride board.

Other bindings to look at could be Ride or Union. I own Romes, I have friends with Rides, and everyone raves about unions. You can't go wrong.

Basically, of all the stuff you're looking at, go with whatever you can find deals on. If you can find it for all the same price, maybe choose based on graphics you've got your eyes on good gear.
scottland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you everyone for the quick responses.

For the Ride bindings I know I would be looking at the SPi since a friend of mine has them and seems to love them but if I went with union i'm still not too sure of which model would compare to the others i'm looking at.

thanks again everyone
Old 03-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

bump
still looking for a little more imput. I'm almost completly decided on the NS Premier but up for other sugestions as well
thanks again
Old 03-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

alright it seems i'm stuck between the Ride SPi and the Union Force-mx (which I am having a hard time finding a good deal on so I might be going with the Ride just due to price)

Thanks for any imput any of you have. I'm also still open to other sugestions, maybe I have missed something :P

edit:

Ya the Union Force-Mx are basicly impossible to find at this point maybe I should be comparing to just the Union Force..

After doing some more research I wonder if I should be getting a smaller board then I was considering and then I have been riding for years... I currently ride on a 159 but with my weight / height would I be better off with something more in the 153-155 range?

Last edited by Zemus; 03-09-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ride Spis are a great binding, you wouldn't regret getting them.

As for size, since you're looking for a freeride board primarily, i would say 155-156ish.
scottland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the imput Scottland I had been thinking for a little while I was riding a board that may had been a little longer then I needed.