Signal Park? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Signal Park?

Was looking at the Arbor Westmark this year for a park-oriented board, but money issues have strangled my wallet and every dollar counts.

So now I'm looking for a cheaper board and the Signal Park caught my eye. Nivek's mentioned the Signal Flat a few times when recommending boards to other people with similar wants. What I'm not sure about is what exactly are the benefits of a board with zero camber compared to a traditional cambered board(Park vs Flat Park)? Trouble is I won't be able to demo this particular board so I'll have to go by word of mouth, which is why I'm asking.

If Nivek himself can chime in that'll be great, but I'll take any opinions I can get.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just a heads up, signal boards are on sale at zumiez right now, wish they'd ship to Canada though

Signal at Zumiez : SR
Ramsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

HOTSHITDAMN

Thanks for the tip! Gonna throw caution to the wind and order it later today I think... Kinda nervous getting something without trying it though.

Edit: Strange... the topsheet is for the Park, but it's listed as the Flat Park... eh fuck it I'll take either at the price.

Last edited by Bayoh; 12-22-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah Zumiez didn't want pink topsheets for the Flat, so we made them with green topsheets for Zumiez. Easy to tell once you get it, lay it down and see if there's camber. Basically zero cam feels like camber, without the extra effort. It's my prefered ride and my daily is a Flat 52.

If you know you just want camber then that's the way to go, if you're not sure I encourage you to try the Flat. Its not soo different that if you end up being a camber kid you'll just hate it, but you do get a feel for what rocker offers.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

lmao really?... They didn't want pink topsheets?.. but that's something I guess I would expect that from Zumiez.

May I ask your weight Nivek? I was shooting for a 150 weighing in at 143 lbs so you sound like you might be about my weight. Just asking as a weight chart isn't listed, so I'm mostly going off what I would've gotten for the Westmark.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I weigh 145lbs. The tip kicks on the Park shape (same shape for the Flat) are a little long compared to most of the market. You'll get similar running length in the 152 to a 150 and then you'll get a little more board if you get to ride any deep snow. At our weight the 152 is the best Bronx of jumpability and jibbiness for a rider like me. Rails are what I ride most so thats my main concern, but then the board still offers enough for higher speeds and spinning.

All that said, I rode a 150 Park most of last year, which had so little camber it was effectively Flat. So its doable if you wanna stay small. Either one you'll have a blast. Dave even likes to ride the Flat on the warm days when he's just playin in the park.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for all the info!

I'll grab the 152 then as I plan to use it similar to your style. Looking forward to experiencing how flat feels on the hill, always up for trying out different boards with different tech.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Agree with Nivek, Flatkick ftw. That what my everyday go-to board is(Smokin M.I.P). I'm also 145lbs and ride a 151 since its blunted tips. You can take a flat board anywhere and everywhere and you wont have troubles at all (except for when it dumped over a foot of snow in the backcountry but I blamed that on the blunted tips, lol).
earl_je is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

I sure as hell lucked out. Apparently I got the last 152 off Zumiez. Guess my fortune cookie was right in that I'd have good luck in the coming week.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Nivek, you said WE made them for Zumiez. You work for Signal????
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote