Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Help with womens snowboard (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/44560-help-womens-snowboard.html)

johnnymac 12-22-2011 10:04 PM

Help with womens snowboard

Hey I am getting the lady friend a snowboard for christmas since hers is junk and her bindings just broke. I found the Burton Feelgood which looks like it would be perfect for her. Unfortuantely Burton requires Burton bindings. I know nothing about good womens bindings so if anyone could tell me a good match up for this board that would be great. Low on price but high on quality is what I am looking for (yes I know hard to get). Thanks for your help!

cocolulu 12-23-2011 02:33 AM

I'm no expert on Burton, but I think for the EST bindings, the lineup goes: Stilleto, Scribe, Lexa, then Escapade. I think the Lexa would be good. The Stilleto and Scribe are kind of softer bindings: probably a weird match for a medium stiff board like the Feelgood.

lonerider 12-23-2011 03:32 AM

Just a quick sanity check... The board has two big slots along the longitudinal axis, right? Cuz if it just thr 3 hole pattern then virtually and binding will work.

If it is the "integrated channel system" them the est binding (I have no idea why Burton used different acronyms for the board insert tech and the corresponding binding tech) cocolulu sound right. Although you are suppose to be able to use and post 2007 Burton regular binding as well.

syphabiscuit 12-23-2011 04:12 AM

In terms of Burton I have only heard excellent things about the Lexa. I would say these on the assumption it is the EST system.

If not - Rome Madison have had a lot of great reviews and my gf rides the Flux GU30 which are uber comforatble (I fit in them) if not a little more park oriented.

www.thgoodride.com - seems a legit site!

johnnymac 12-23-2011 07:50 AM

Thanks for your help guys. So just a few quick questions. Are you guys sure the Burton Lexa EST's would fit on the Feelgood board? The board I am looking at has the diamond hole pattern not the slits for the bindings. If anyone has time check these out for me and see if they look alright for a match.

BURTON LEXA EST WOMEN'S BINDINGS - GLOW BLUE/SMALL | eBay

Burton Feelgood Snowboard | eBay

johnnymac 12-23-2011 07:57 AM

Also if anyone has some other suggestions as far as a non burton board that would be good for her that would be great. She is about 5'4" and 130lbs. Something with a soft-medium flex and that won't break the bank would be good. Suggest bindings for the board you suggest please. Thanks

readimag 12-23-2011 08:00 AM

yeah the 3 hole pattern on the board will not fit with est, so you just need to look for non est bindings.

johnnymac 12-23-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readimag (Post 457166)
yeah the 3 hole pattern on the board will not fit with est, so you just need to look for non est bindings.

In that case what would be good bindings to pair up with this?

readimag 12-23-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnymac (Post 457176)
In that case what would be good bindings to pair up with this?

They make the lexa re flex that is a non est binding at least I think it is, I got my wife some forum vsp's and she loves them. I second the Rome madisons also great binding.

sb60 12-23-2011 11:24 AM

I wouldn't say a Feelgood is soft to medium flex. I used to ride one. Not a lot of flex between the bindings. The new v-rocker might be better. You can use any bindings on a non-est burton board. If money was not a problem I'd say a never summer infinitely.