Does anyone have the Bataleon Evil Twin? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Does anyone have the Bataleon Evil Twin?

How does it ride? Do you like it?
guy3o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
It ain`t easy being steezy

I just got last years ET, only ridden it twice so far. It's easily the best board I've been on, but I've only ever used 5 boards. It felt a bit weird the first couple runs. For me the TBT made it feel a bit loose/unstable at first, but once I started pushing it hard it was actually more stable than anything I've ridden, except at very high speeds. In the park TBT is the sh*t, the landings for the jumps and rails at my home hill are usually torn up, ruts and holes everywhere. The ET just slides over the bad landings and makes it easier for me to land smooth and stay over top of the board. On smooth snow/groomed surface I didn't notice much difference, but when the terrain gets rough the TBT really stands out.
honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycomb View Post
I just got last years ET, only ridden it twice so far. It's easily the best board I've been on, but I've only ever used 5 boards. It felt a bit weird the first couple runs. For me the TBT made it feel a bit loose/unstable at first, but once I started pushing it hard it was actually more stable than anything I've ridden, except at very high speeds. In the park TBT is the sh*t, the landings for the jumps and rails at my home hill are usually torn up, ruts and holes everywhere. The ET just slides over the bad landings and makes it easier for me to land smooth and stay over top of the board. On smooth snow/groomed surface I didn't notice much difference, but when the terrain gets rough the TBT really stands out.

YUP what he said!
YEAH FOR IT
pretty sure the team riders use this stick as their fave choice!
Old 12-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I rode my ET all last year. I have a review of it here somewhere. It's an awesome park board. Sucks in pow, and it's okay for rails I guess but not ideal.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned!

i have last year's ET classic, and did not like it very much at all, however the new blunted ones also have sintered bases, and several of my complaints have/may have been addressed.

cons:

-heavy
-zero damping. its like riding a rigid frame motorcycle.
-the "synthduded" base is slow
-soft topsheet/rails, seemed to get beat up quick(cosmetic for the most part), and i'm not a jibber.
-stiff

pros:

-hella pop
-tbt if you think its cool, i really found it to ride the same as any flat board (more or less)
-traditional camber if you are the enemy of all the variants

my problem with this board is that it attempts to be a do all board, but seems to just really focus on the wrong things. it must be my riding style in particular. for example if i want a board that is going to be slow and zero damping, it better be flexy so i can butter and jib too. while the stiffness should keep the board from washing out at higher speeds, the bucking you get from its lack of damping sort of negates the benefits of the "stability" provided by the stiffness.

this board would work well for big jumps i think, but that would be the only thing i used it for. while my current board, the proto, seems to be designed for the exact same things, it rides so much better for me (damping, just a tad softer, fast as fuck, durable, lightweight).
Old 12-26-2011, 04:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've said it a million times on here.

TBT is a love/hate tech. I highly highly recommend demoing before purchasing

I rode my Jam about 5 times and sold it

The edge hold is complete bullshit at any speed compared to my Heritage and Revolver

Hated TBT personally, a lot agree with me, and a lot love it.

It's such a radical tech that it really needs to be demo'd prior to laying down some loot
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Fucking love mine.

A lot of stuff of what I plan on saying has been said but...

Pros:
-mega light
-super quick edge to edge
-poppy
-TBT makes spinning great and consistent
-doesn't wash out

middle ground:
-top sheet gets chewed up after a little while along the contact points
-squirely, learn how to lock your hips kid
-bataleon graphics are sick

cons:
-extruded base (doesnt hold wax well, chews up easily, doesn't feel as smooth when riding)
-Have to be very balanced when ollie'ing, the tbt makes it like popping off a spoon

I'm dominantly a park jumper and piste charger, and this board definetly does get a little squirrely once you start to demand some speed out of it. which is somewhat un-natural for a stiff board, in general its operator skill that determines how much that will affect your riding. As being coached by racers, i've learned to over come it and feel the edges out properly. Can be an annoyance at times.

Jibbing: I say that pressing and buttering should be left to 13' year old kids who think their cool, and skaters. So the fact that it's stiffer doesnt affect me on jibs, but thats MY opinion. Due to how comfortable the board rides at slow speeds, and the pop, street style features are no problem in the park.

Once this deck poops out on me I'm going straight to a lobster parkboard 154 because its exactly the same thing as the ET except with a sintered base.

2011 edit thingy. Peep it, there are backflips. http://vimeo.com/28588117
xxfinnellxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned!

fyi as of 2012, the ET's are sintered.