First Buy - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question First Buy

Hi everyone! Would you guys be able to help me in giving me advice as to what specific board, bindings, boots I should get? I am new to this forum, as well to actually knowing about snowboards. I have been snowboarding for about eight years, usually for a week or two a year. I have rented snowboards for all those eight years, but I was given a random board without actually knowing anything about it or what goes into it. I really need help finding the perfect first bought board because it might be my only snowboard for a very long time.

I ride mostly groomed trails, with a few exceptions of bumps, trees, and powder. I recently became interested in the park, and so I began to go off jumps and a box or two...though not doing very well. I am about an intermediate snowboarder.

I want to start doing park more, but I still love to do all mountain. What would be the best snowboard and bindings (and boots if there is an input) that would best fit my style. I was recommended the Ride Machete by a local snow sport store, is it a good fit? All and any advice would be awesome. Thank you so much!
burnx545x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

try on all the boots in your price range and pick the ones that fit the best. as for board and bindings, there are way to many to list, but the machete would be a good pick, pair it with flux tt30 bindings or k2 formulas,
other boards:
arbor blacklist
k2 raygun
ride dh
post your weight, height and boot size. and do some of your own research and come back with your own list.
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

I weight about 150 lbs, I am about 5' 10.5", and my shoe size is a 10.5.

I did some research and this is what I found. The flux tt30 bindings are better than the k2 formulas for almost anything, except for comfort and lateral movement which they were equal. I was also told, by a local store, to look into the forum republic and ride revolt bindings. The revolts are good except that some people complained about its durability being kind of bad. However, I read about the forum republics and saw that they were just as good as the tt30, what would be better, the republics or tt30?

I like the machete, but I'm scared that it wouldn't be very stable at high speeds (which some people complained about). The arbor blacklist looks like a very good board, except I'm afraid that it is more of a park board and I want more of an all mountain board with some park...I don't know if the reviews are completely true though. The k2 raygun I read wasn't a very good board for the park. The ride dh, is pretty good and reminds me a lot of the machete, though they have different camber.

It's hard to decipher which board would best fit me - i am a really indecisive person. What I want is just a good all mountain board that I can start to learn park on, but that's amazing on the slopes/back country.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnx545x View Post
I weight about 150 lbs, I am about 5' 10.5", and my shoe size is a 10.5.

I did some research and this is what I found. The flux tt30 bindings are better than the k2 formulas for almost anything, except for comfort and lateral movement which they were equal. I was also told, by a local store, to look into the forum republic and ride revolt bindings. The revolts are good except that some people complained about its durability being kind of bad. However, I read about the forum republics and saw that they were just as good as the tt30, what would be better, the republics or tt30?

I like the machete, but I'm scared that it wouldn't be very stable at high speeds (which some people complained about). The arbor blacklist looks like a very good board, except I'm afraid that it is more of a park board and I want more of an all mountain board with some park...I don't know if the reviews are completely true though. The k2 raygun I read wasn't a very good board for the park. The ride dh, is pretty good and reminds me a lot of the machete, though they have different camber.

It's hard to decipher which board would best fit me - i am a really indecisive person. What I want is just a good all mountain board that I can start to learn park on, but that's amazing on the slopes/back country.
I did some more research and I think that the best board would either be between the arbor blacklist or ride machete with forum republic or flux tt30. Which options are better? Are there any better boards/bindings or are these pretty good?
Old 12-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

those are super solid coices you will be happy with either. they are both about as good as it gets

my choice would be the flux+blacklist size 154
Riley212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Is there a big difference between 154 or 157 because I can't find a 154lot blacklist in a local store
Old 12-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

damn, it would be a tad big for park stuff, but that makes it better everywhere else

I'm 5-10 165 and ride a 157 banana magic for a do everything board. it feels a little in the big side.

i really dont think you would have a problem with the 157 tho.

If you cant get it in the right size the machete is really an awesome board too. like i said either choice will be solid.
Riley212 is offline   Reply With Quote