Boot size 13
Riding style Probably about 70% mountain, 30% park
budget Under $400
Your location of riding Connecticut(Mostly), and Massachusetts
I've been riding for about 3 years and I feel my old 5150 board (about 2 years) needs to be replaced. Too stiff for my liking and it's beat up. I've been looking at my options and am unsure of what to get. And I have a couple questions
1. Is it really that hard to ride all mountain on a jibbing board? I was thinking about the Ride Kink but I do not know how the flex of the board will effect me when I'm carving, not in the park.
2. Is it possible to do park features in a rocker? Will it make it difficult? I was looking at a Rocker
3. Regarding the K2 Raygun, will the 70% Flat and 30% Rocker slow me down? How does this effect my speed?
4. I was also looking at Salomon snowboard but I couldn't find much information on them, anyone ever ridden one of them before?
5. Also, I saw Blank Snowboards, but was told that they have the same construction as my 5150 and would not really be an upgrade.
6. Obviously I am looking at wide boards, but what would a good length for me be? Using a "Snowboard Length Calculator" I googled, it calculated to be 160, but that seems a bit long.
Boards I am looking at
1. K2 Raygun
2. Ride Kink
3. DC PBJ
4. Salomen Drift, Riot, Salvatore Sanchez
5. Blank Snowboards