Been out of the game, looking for new ride... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Been out of the game, looking for new ride...

I used to work in a board shop and rode occasionally in the midwest for Rossignol but I have been out of the game for nearly ten years and, because of family in Colorado and an upcoming move myself, I am looking for some new stuff.

I primarily freeride, do not do pipe and try to avoid the park. I prefer fast, challenging, and, hopefully, deep (if it ever starts snowing in Colorado).

Anywho...

I am looking, right now, at Never Summer Premier and Venture Zephyr. Anything else to consider?

I would prefer something made in the USA, as you can see, if possible.

I know very little about the rocker/camber thing. Anything I should know? I rode top of the line Rossi camber boards and still have a Rossi Premier in excellent shape.

Thanks!
easton714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

some info on the rocker / camber:
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...g-between.html

never rode it but, maybe check out the dark series from lib tech? directional and made in the us.

a little old, regarding made in usa:
http://www.angrysnowboarder.com/u-s-...-still-exists/

Last edited by flapjack; 12-28-2011 at 12:06 PM.
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

why not ride rossignol boards again? the experience sounds like your type of snowboard.

libtech- dark deries, t-rice hp pointy tips, la nina mc

NS- Raptor, premier F1

Signal- Omni wavelength

Unity Snowboards-dominion

Its best to get a combo camber board, they float better on powder than regular camber but still hold an edge better than all rocker
Riley212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

Same riding style and same situation as you for me last year. Bought a K2 Slayblade (100% flat camber) at the end of the season and have ridden it about 7 times.

What I know:
extremely stable and damp at high speeds, in adverse conditions and on landings
superb edge hold in all situations
lightning fast!!!
overall, an AMAZING improvement over what I was riding

Still unsure:
pow: not many good days to test it, but should be better than the regular cambered boards I have ridden for the previous 15+ years
pop: no problem booting huge with assistance (some sort of natural hit/drop etc.), but haven't been able to get the kind of pop I'd like off rollers. The 159W may be a little much for me at around 175lbs? I'm hoping I just need some more time to dial in the necessary pre-loading etc.

I wasn't able to demo any boards so I decided to play it safe with the flat cambered board rather than trying some sort of reverse camber/hybrid profile (I was mainly concerned about stability at high speed).

I think the Slayblade fits my hard charging riding style really well, and has allowed me to go faster and bigger than ever before, with fewer consequences. But I'm still curious if there is a profile out there that would give the same stability and edge hold while also giving more pop and added performance in pow (where I spend all my time when it's available)
gauntlet09 is offline   Reply With Quote