Good board for Park/Pow/Boardercross? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Good board for Park/Pow/Boardercross?

An interesting request, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a board that could handle park, powder, and boardercross. I'm not particularly great in the park, starting to get onto handrails, boardslides/presses on boxes/boxrails, and hitting the Small/Medium jump features in the park. Powder is glade riding, tight lines through pine/maple trees, powder depth is at a max of 2'. On snowboard team at school, so I'd also like to be able to rip through the course.
Size 12 boots, weight is 133~ lbs, and height is 5'11"~. My board bag is 156cm, so I'd ideally not have to get a new one.

Most of these three things are polar opposites, but I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction for camber/rocker, edges, length, base type, core, brand, etc. Basically however detailed you can get.

I'm not on an extreme budget, but I'd like to keep a reasonable price with a good bang:buck.

Thanks in advance!
nickwarrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

there is no "one snowboard" that will do all those perfect. best bet is to get a couple used boards.

find a stiff regular camber board with a sintered base of about 155 for your race board.

then get a medium softness rocker/rocker combo board for everything else.

that being said Mervin boards(lib-tech and gnu) win a lot at the mt baker banked slalom so i imagine one of those would do ya well for everything.
Something with C2BTX. The T-rice Pro would fit your big feet but its over 500 bucks.

Last edited by Riley212; 12-28-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Riley212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley212 View Post
there is no "one snowboard" that will do all those perfect. best bet is to get a couple used boards.

find a stiff regular camber board with a sintered base of about 155 for your race board.

then get a medium softness rocker/rocker combo board for everything else.
Alright, I'll definitely look into a board with c2 btx, I was actually already looking into Lib/GNU, thinking maybe the Riders Choice 154.5. Thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited by nickwarrenn; 12-28-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Didn't one of the Never Summer dudes get 2nd in the banked slalom at Mt baker last year on a Proto CT? Never thought of the Proto as a race board.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the riders choice is a great board and would be good for just about everything. \

yea i guy on proto did pretty good, theres not reason why it shouldn't be its light, snappy, has good grip and a fast base. most people who win or do well are on normal boards, not very many race boards enter
Old 12-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
the riders choice is a great board and would be good for just about everything. \

yea i guy on proto did pretty good, theres not reason why it shouldn't be its light, snappy, has good grip and a fast base. most people who win or do well are on normal boards, not very many race boards enter
Rider > Board. Even when it's in a race
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Alright, so right now I'm looking into the GNU Rider's Choice 154.5cm for $439.95CAN.

Good deal/Good for what I want?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

thats a great price for that board, i think you will be pretty happy with it, its not to stiff for park but not a noodle either and you are pretty light weight. only thing i would worry about is your foot size, are you planning on getting a wide? Or do you have some low profile boots and a slanted stance
Old 12-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
thats a great price for that board, i think you will be pretty happy with it, its not to stiff for park but not a noodle either and you are pretty light weight. only thing i would worry about is your foot size, are you planning on getting a wide? Or do you have some low profile boots and a slanted stance
I'm not getting a wide, here is the link below. I wouldn't say I have special low profile buttons either. My stance is 15/12 or something alone the lines. I currently have a 152.5 cheap technine enforcer and I don't really have much of a problem slidding out, although the capstrap on my bindings are starting to fall apart. I did go on vacation last year and had to rent at a resort and slid out a bunch though, so I'm guessing I'll just have to ride a wider/slanted stance if I experience slidding. Thanks!

Gnu Riders Choice C2BTX 154.5 | Empire Online Skate & Snowboard Shop[color]=LEATHER
Old 12-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

thats cool the bigger board will be a little wider too.

hey what is your budget limit btw? the Ride DH2.7 155 or ride arcade 154 would be even better, but they are a bit more expensive and the riders choice is still really good

Last edited by Riley212; 12-28-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Riley212 is offline   Reply With Quote