Anyone here ridden the new Smokin Super Park (with clash rocker)? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone here ridden the new Smokin Super Park (with clash rocker)?

Really curious on this deck. I've heard some good things about Smokin (although admittedly don't know much about the company). I do like the fact they use a milder form of magnetraction. I'm interested in hearing experiences with the Superpark with clash rocker.

I'm an all mountain rider and don't venture into the park much at all (except to try out the jumps). I'm not a jibber. I definitely love groomers, steeps, trees. I'm looking for a board that is agile and forgiving yet without the surfy/squirly riding characteristic (like skate bananas). I'm looking for a board that will be stable, smooth and doesn't slide all over creation.

Any input on the SuperPark would be appreciated!

Last edited by EC99SS; 12-28-2011 at 06:46 PM.
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've ridden it. Rode it for half a day only. One thing I was surprised with, was that you can go ahead and ignore the park part of the title. It's way more all mountain than a park ride. Really enjoyed the board. Not squirly. However, I didn't feel agile is a good description. For a softer all mountain board, there are other options that are torsionally quicker, that still have great edge hold. Overall, I walked away slightly disappointed...
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post
I've ridden it. Rode it for half a day only. One thing I was surprised with, was that you can go ahead and ignore the park part of the title. It's way more all mountain than a park ride. Really enjoyed the board. Not squirly. However, I didn't feel agile is a good description. For a softer all mountain board, there are other options that are torsionally quicker, that still have great edge hold. Overall, I walked away slightly disappointed...
Thanks for the input. So was going edge to edge slow? What other options come to mind?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's more of a mid-wide and I think that's the reason some people find a hair slower edge to edge. I personally didn't notice much of a difference. I've been riding one for 50+ days now and it's a super fun board. It has quite a bit of give in between the bindings and is slightly stiffer in the tip and tail. Tons of pop on takeoff and stability on landings because of this.

The rocker on it is very subtle so you really don't get that teeter totter type feeling you get with similar types. More of a ride the mountain like a park/jump board than a jib stick but still really fun on jibs.
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qball View Post
It's more of a mid-wide and I think that's the reason some people find a hair slower edge to edge. I personally didn't notice much of a difference. I've been riding one for 50+ days now and it's a super fun board. It has quite a bit of give in between the bindings and is slightly stiffer in the tip and tail. Tons of pop on takeoff and stability on landings because of this.

The rocker on it is very subtle so you really don't get that teeter totter type feeling you get with similar types. More of a ride the mountain like a park/jump board than a jib stick but still really fun on jibs.
Thanks! I like that is has a subtle rocker. How was the board maching down runs? Was it stable or did it tend to chatter?
Old 12-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's a very stable park board, probably not compared to a freeride stick but I have no problem haulin ass in PNW crud
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote