Which board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: which board
skate banana 7 13.73%
arbor westmark 12 23.53%
lib tech TRS 13 25.49%
neversummer evo 19 37.25%
gnu park pickle 4 7.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post Which board?

Hello, I really need some advice on which board to get. I currently have the Bataleon Airobic and i previously had the Capita indoor survival both with union forces. The capita was stolen and the bataleon is good for jibs but im having trouble on jumps and the rest of the mountain. Im looking for an all mountain freestyle board such as :
-Lib tech skate banana
-never summer evo
-park pickle
-ARBOR westmark
maybe the trs?

Any advice is much appreciated. I am goofy ride 15 -15 on a 23 inch stance.
I want a board that is fun in park but can handle it all which i heard these boards were good for.
please help.
Mammothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sucks to hear about the stolen board man, always a shame. I don't think you could go terribly wrong with any of these boards although a decent amount of people complain about the Arbors so I'd caution you if you were to go that route. However if I had to choose I'd probably opt for the NS Evo, although I would recommend the Proto CT over that board for what you might be looking for.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i would also go with the evo
Old 12-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help man. Just curious, what do people complain about with arbors? and why the proto over the evo? I thought the proto was an all mountain only board

Your advice is much appreciated!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

There is some dispute over the durability of the Arbors. Some say they are soft, some say they are fine. You never know but no matter what, a rock you didn't see lurking underneath the surface will win over any board.

The never summers are more durable I think everyone agrees with that however I find my 2012 evo to be less so than the 2011 SL I had. But that's just anecdotal not conclusive.

The Evo is a softer deck, more for jib/buttering. The Proto a bit stiffer maybe what you want here. At least for the Never Summer models.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

What stiffness are we talking with the evo? like a "holy shit this is anoodle" or stiffer? My bataleon airobic is too soft for the mountain but ridiculously fun in the park so i need something stiffer but not something too stiff to have fun in the park like i heard about the skate banana.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammothman View Post
Thanks for the help man. Just curious, what do people complain about with arbors? and why the proto over the evo? I thought the proto was an all mountain only board

As I've heard around here the Arbors seem to be susceptible to base damage which could easily lead to core shots. Also the Proto CT and Evo are really pretty comparable, however the CT is a bit more stiffer with a flex of 5 allowing better all mountain riding. Other than that there isn't too much difference

My board also has a flex of 5 and I bought it with both park and all mountain riding in mind as well.

Last edited by Pow?POW!; 12-29-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Pow?POW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

the proto is a little stiffer which is better for jumps and other mountain activities. good luck finding one though
Old 12-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

what board is that and what does eveyone think of the elephant in the room, the SKATE BANANA? i know its overrated and what not but its popular for a reason how does it compare to the westmark and evo/proto ct?
Old 12-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
What stiffness are we talking with the evo? like a "holy shit this is anoodle" or stiffer? My bataleon airobic is too soft for the mountain but ridiculously fun in the park so i need something stiffer but not something too stiff to have fun in the park like i heard about the skate banana.
Definitely not a noodle. I ride a 152cm and I'm 145lbs on a bad day (bad day meaning too many carne asada burritos the past month). It is soft, but even I have to work to press it. I suck at pressing which is why I have to work on it, but with a noodle I would just lean. I still gotta work my leg on this to press it.

On carpet I can press the shit out of it. That's because I'm not worried about the board slipping on the snow and don't worry about balance.

It is definitely not too soft for the mountain. I'd place it midway between noodle and medium stiffness. The proto is a bit stiffer. With my light weight and weak legs I think the Evo is the perfect flex for me to butter and then go down a groomer at reasonable speeds.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote