Nitro Team Gullwing vs NS Evo/Revolver - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Nitro Team Gullwing vs NS Evo/Revolver

Are these two boards comparable? Anyone have experience riding these decks? Both decks seem to have been rewarded with high praise in reviews and literature..
JVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes these boards are comparable. The team gullwing is slightly stiffer torsionally than the evo. The revolver is much wider than the other two boards. The NS boards are hand made in Colorado with the best materials available. I hope you buy from a quality small producer in the U.S. rather than from an off shore factory that copied the NS design.
P3 Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3 Mammoth View Post
an off shore factory that copied the NS design.
Both companies released alternative camber boards in 08-09 season. rocker camber and gullwing. So your words are bullshit. And Nitro is manufactured in Austria where its headquarters and prime consumers are. Where they rival Burton.Its not their fault theyve grown enough to spill over to the US. Its something to offer an opinion but no need to dirty it up with slandering an otherwise stainless company. cuz thas juss plain ignant.....
Old 12-31-2011, 01:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zk0ot View Post
Both companies released alternative camber boards in 08-09 season. rocker camber and gullwing. So your words are bullshit. And Nitro is manufactured in Austria where its headquarters and prime consumers are. Where they rival Burton.Its not their fault theyve grown enough to spill over to the US. Its something to offer an opinion but no need to dirty it up with slandering an otherwise stainless company. cuz thas juss plain ignant.....
Not to mention that the camber profiles are slightly different. NS is positive camber from inserts to tip/tail while gullwing is positive camber under inserts
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Also the team Gullwing is more comparable to the Proto than the Evo.

Not a stolen design either. Same season debut and the camber is less in the tips in Gullwwing. Only enough to level out the tips from the rocker. NS actually cambers back down.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliu View Post
Not to mention that the camber profiles are slightly different. NS is positive camber from inserts to tip/tail while gullwing is positive camber under inserts
How does this change the ride characteristics between the two boards. In other words what does camber from the inserts do vs camber under the inserts?
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

For the record Nitro's gullwing was in shops early/fall 2009 whereas Never Summer's Rocker/Camber Evo-R, Revolver-R, Legacy, SL-R and Infiity-R were in stores August 2008.

I was riding a Never Summer SLR in the Spring of 2008. I had a shop at the time and re-wrote my order after riding the board and was selling all five models later that Summer.

Last edited by The Chairman; 01-02-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EC99SS View Post
How does this change the ride characteristics between the two boards. In other words what does camber from the inserts do vs camber under the inserts?
Having the camber directly underfoot like Nitro's Gullwing design feels more like a traditional cambered board because it's always pressured. While having the camber extended from the inserts to the tip and tail is more forgiving when flat basing and reduces drag, but provides the edge hold when you need it when the camber is pressed down in a carve. Rocker under the inserts gives you the benefit of a rocker design which is a surfy forgiving ride and incredible floatation in powder. Having the camber extended from the inserts out toward the tail enables a rider to really load up the tail for more spring/pop.
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman View Post
For the record Nitro's gullwing was in shops early/fall 2009 whereas Never Summer's Rocker/Camber Evo-R, Revolver-R, Legacy, SL-R and Infiity-R were in stores August 2008.

I was riding a Never Summer SLR in the Spring of 2008. I had a shop at the time and re-wrote my order after riding the board and was selling all five models later that Summer.
I bought my SubPop late December 2008

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote