OK so...what are your favorite Freestyle bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eric @ WA

Default OK so...what are your favorite Freestyle bindings

Last year I started taking more interest in freestyle/parks and this year I've hit the parks a lot. Although my first passion was freeride and I currently use a Rome Anthem with Targa bindings as my main setup. I've been hitting parks with the Anthem and hitting some nice jumps (but the stiffness isn't as forgiving when you hit that not so perfect landings) and now really looking to get a freestyle oriented board (twin tip) that is not as stiff as my Anthem. My leading candidate is the Atomic Axum.

I'm also looking to pair it up with new bindings. I borrowed one of our sponsored rider's Atomic hatchet a few weekends ago and threw my Targas on it. It just didn't feel right in the parks and jumps (granted I know the Targas are more freeride bindings).

So this brings me to my question...what are you favorite freestyle type bindings? A friend of mine loves their Burton P1s.

Thanks all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
bmies

I cant think anything but good things about my Rome 390s. I know its said alot on here, but for good reason I think.

I rode some Drake Podiums for 2 years before the 390s and I didnt know what a good binding felt like. The Romes are comfortable (using the toe strap on the tip of the boot instead of over the top). The base has some cushion to it. I feel no pressure points yet dont seem to have given up any response. Even when I was on lockdown, very tight straps, on my Drakes, these feel more responsive. They aleviated much of the foot fatigue I had.

Cant speak for true freestyle, but the last time I was riding, I was teaching a friend and used the slow speed to really play on everything I could practicing the slowspeed skills. Buttering, popping 1s , generally goofing off. They were forgiving on these low speed, high flex conditions, much more so than my Drakes. The night before I had some of the most comfortable and confident runs ever bombing down the mountain at full speed holding edges on icy spots and popping off the drops. Nothing but good things to say ebout them here.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

I reide 3 diffrent boards with 3 diffrent binders. Burton customs,Technine and Cartels.Customs are very flexable the cartles are a tiny bit stiffer and the technines are flexy.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Eric @ WA

Thanks all. Yes I've ridden the 390s before and they are great bindings. I think I've decided on Ride Delta's. I was going to get the Beta's (the only difference is extra dampening pads) but like the red/white combo of the delta's better.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
dday_276

Default Deltas...

I just got the Deltas. They are pretty good, nice cushioning and flexible. However, I would probably get the Betas if I had it to do over again. The 'handle' part of the rachets are different between the two. They are larger and stick out more on the Deltas. I broke the front foot toe handle off about half way down on my first time out on them. Still useable but a pain in the butt. Also, the Betas have a cushioning pad to cover the mounting plate.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Eric @ WA

So you think the Beta's huh? I forgot about the Delta's not having a cover (that kind of bugs me come to think of it...not for functional reasons). I love how my Targas are covered.

The red/white combo would look great on the Atomic Axum board...but I suppose the White would also of the beta's. I figured I could get away from needing the extra dampening...but the more I think about it the more it makes sense to have.

Hmmm...decisions decisions...haha