User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 05:34 PM
PETE BFLO

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
What's in your backpack?

I'm going to start bringing a backpack on the slopes and I'm starting to think about what to pack. So far I'm bringing my camera, Garmin 530hcx, extra long sleeve shirt/sweater, spare laces, lunch, water, and maybe a beer or two. What about you guys?

Last edited by PETE BFLO; 03-08-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Eric @ WA

Beer! Haha...

Actually I don't ride much with a backpack. However when I did I typically put maybe a bottle of water, camera, and snacks. When using a backpack I tend to overdress so all I have to do is remove one layer if I got too warm and throw it in the backpack.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Josh

I don't ride with a pack unless I'm freeriding only. Spinning or hitting rails with a pack really throws off your balance. When I do have one, I pack things like PowerBars, Camera, KleenEx, IBUPROFEN, and a walkie talkie e.t.c.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Side edge sharpener, extra gloves, mitts, replacement ladders, full size screw driver (Little ones suck), extra goggles, 2-way radios.

Why do you need a GPS?

My experience and what I do in snowboarding is really quite
independent of the industry and the more independent it is,
the more pure and better I feel about snowboarding.- Craig Kelly
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 07:42 PM
volcomkid

I've never really needed a backpack and if i do its when im in the backcountry and ill just bring like a GPS in the side pocket of a Camelbak for water but other then that i dont think the extra weight is nessesary. if you bring a camera i usually just have the people at the front desk hold on to it until you know your gona be filming because if you have it in a backpack theres always the chance of landing on it and destroying your sick footage
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 08:57 PM
BoardTard Xtrordinair

So far no backpack. MP3/herb/piece in one interior jacket pocket. The other inside pocket has a flask and a cam in it. For what you are doing I think my world industries skate pack would work. If you plan on EVER carrying your board get a real BC pack. I think most of what you want to carry COULD be carried in a heavily pocketed jacket but a pack would help.

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:01 PM

hmm... i usually carry my phone, walkie talkies, chapstick, food, camera, identification, extra cash, extra layer, water, tools, extra hardware, lock, mp3 player...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:09 PM
PETE BFLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimdog View Post
Side edge sharpener, extra gloves, mitts, replacement ladders, full size screw driver (Little ones suck), extra goggles, 2-way radios.

Why do you need a GPS?
The GPS is built in to the two way radio. I have the gps built in for when I go hunting.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 PM
dday_276

Gps...

GPS is a pretty cool tool for skiing and snowboarding. A company named Mountain Dynamics (www.mountaindynamics.com) makes GPS maps for a lot of the larger resorts with all the trails, lodges and lifts marked. Pretty cool if it's somewhere you don't go a lot. Also, many of the GPS's can record tracks. You can upload them to your computer and determine your total vert and distance for the day and there are some tools to load them into Google Maps watch a visual of the track.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday_276 View Post
GPS is a pretty cool tool for skiing and snowboarding. A company named Mountain Dynamics (SnowRanger Ski Resort Maps for Magellan and Garmin GPS) makes GPS maps for a lot of the larger resorts with all the trails, lodges and lifts marked. Pretty cool if it's somewhere you don't go a lot. Also, many of the GPS's can record tracks. You can upload them to your computer and determine your total vert and distance for the day and there are some tools to load them into Google Maps watch a visual of the track.

You have to buy the maps from Mountain Dynamics. I'll stick with the free one they supply you when you buy your ticket. I do however like the idea of tracking your vertical for the day.

My experience and what I do in snowboarding is really quite
independent of the industry and the more independent it is,
the more pure and better I feel about snowboarding.- Craig Kelly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode