What's in your backpack? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
PETE BFLO

Default What's in your backpack?

I'm going to start bringing a backpack on the slopes and I'm starting to think about what to pack. So far I'm bringing my camera, Garmin 530hcx, extra long sleeve shirt/sweater, spare laces, lunch, water, and maybe a beer or two. What about you guys?

Last edited by PETE BFLO; 03-08-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Eric @ WA

Beer! Haha...

Actually I don't ride much with a backpack. However when I did I typically put maybe a bottle of water, camera, and snacks. When using a backpack I tend to overdress so all I have to do is remove one layer if I got too warm and throw it in the backpack.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Josh

I don't ride with a pack unless I'm freeriding only. Spinning or hitting rails with a pack really throws off your balance. When I do have one, I pack things like PowerBars, Camera, KleenEx, IBUPROFEN, and a walkie talkie e.t.c.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Side edge sharpener, extra gloves, mitts, replacement ladders, full size screw driver (Little ones suck), extra goggles, 2-way radios.

Why do you need a GPS?
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
volcomkid

I've never really needed a backpack and if i do its when im in the backcountry and ill just bring like a GPS in the side pocket of a Camelbak for water but other then that i dont think the extra weight is nessesary. if you bring a camera i usually just have the people at the front desk hold on to it until you know your gona be filming because if you have it in a backpack theres always the chance of landing on it and destroying your sick footage
Old 03-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

So far no backpack. MP3/herb/piece in one interior jacket pocket. The other inside pocket has a flask and a cam in it. For what you are doing I think my world industries skate pack would work. If you plan on EVER carrying your board get a real BC pack. I think most of what you want to carry COULD be carried in a heavily pocketed jacket but a pack would help.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

hmm... i usually carry my phone, walkie talkies, chapstick, food, camera, identification, extra cash, extra layer, water, tools, extra hardware, lock, mp3 player...
Old 03-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
PETE BFLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimdog View Post
Side edge sharpener, extra gloves, mitts, replacement ladders, full size screw driver (Little ones suck), extra goggles, 2-way radios.

Why do you need a GPS?
The GPS is built in to the two way radio. I have the gps built in for when I go hunting.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
dday_276

Default Gps...

GPS is a pretty cool tool for skiing and snowboarding. A company named Mountain Dynamics (www.mountaindynamics.com) makes GPS maps for a lot of the larger resorts with all the trails, lodges and lifts marked. Pretty cool if it's somewhere you don't go a lot. Also, many of the GPS's can record tracks. You can upload them to your computer and determine your total vert and distance for the day and there are some tools to load them into Google Maps watch a visual of the track.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday_276 View Post
GPS is a pretty cool tool for skiing and snowboarding. A company named Mountain Dynamics (SnowRanger Ski Resort Maps for Magellan and Garmin GPS) makes GPS maps for a lot of the larger resorts with all the trails, lodges and lifts marked. Pretty cool if it's somewhere you don't go a lot. Also, many of the GPS's can record tracks. You can upload them to your computer and determine your total vert and distance for the day and there are some tools to load them into Google Maps watch a visual of the track.

You have to buy the maps from Mountain Dynamics. I'll stick with the free one they supply you when you buy your ticket. I do however like the idea of tracking your vertical for the day.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote