YES Pick Your Line vs Nidecker Mega/Ultra-Light - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 02:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default YES Pick Your Line vs Nidecker Mega/Ultra-Light

Hey All,

Currently looking for a freeride/pow board. Has anyone out there ridden the YES Pick Your Line or the Nidecker Megalight and/or Ultralight?

I rode the Ultralight 158 on a pow day and it was mind-blowing. The YES seems like a toned-down version of the same judging from the specs (made by same factory). I would be grateful if you would share your experiences.

I'm 65.5kg, 5'10" and am looking at either the 156 or 159.

Edit: also considering the Rossignol Experience 159

Last edited by ju87; 01-03-2012 at 03:04 AM.
ju87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I was looking into YES boards and I heard they are like glass, what about the Never Summer Heritage or Raptor? T.Rice ? Ride Highlife or Berzerker? Arbor Element/Coda? Salomon Powder Snake/Sick Stick? Capita Charlie Slasher? Out of your choices I'd go with the Nidcker though
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the input. the reason i haven't looked into NS is because i'm not too fond of rocker between the bindings for a board of this type. my Gnu Carbon Credit is sketchy at higher speeds while flat-basing and while i read that the camber from the inserts to the tips tech of NS and Lib/Gnu improve stability somewhat, i'm still reading reviews where people complain of sketchiness. with a board like the CC i can forgive that, i'd rather have something more stable for a freeride board.

that and i tried camrock and it feels more stable which would be preferable on a freeride board.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Take a long hard look at the Megalight and Ultralight. These are incredible boards with excellent reviews though they are difficult to find.I like them because few people ride them and the quality of them are superb. Lots of little details that set them apart from other boards and why they are expensive. Good luck.
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jet

I can only share my experience on the Megalight. You can absolutely not go wrong with this board. If powder is your thing like me you'd be hard pressed to find anything that matches it. Yet on groomers it absolutely flies with amazing stability at speed. The edges are what I'd describe as serrated, they are equally spaced high and low points similar to race skis.

The reviews online are spot on from my experience. If you can find one rest assured you will be more than satisfied.

Hope that helps an good luck.

Last edited by Jet; 12-22-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

thanks for the reply guys - but I bought a Megalight 158 last feb

As this thread demonstrates, it was pretty hard to find info on Nideckers in general and even harder to hunt one down. Despite the lack of info and based on the 1hr session I had on my friend's Ultralight, I ended up buying one from a small shop in Southern California which I found in a craigslist ad.

MpJames, if you're still looking, I could point you to that shop. PM me if necessary
Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju87 View Post
thanks for the reply guys - but I bought a Megalight 158 last feb

As this thread demonstrates, it was pretty hard to find info on Nideckers in general and even harder to hunt one down. Despite the lack of info and based on the 1hr session I had on my friend's Ultralight, I ended up buying one from a small shop in Southern California which I found in a craigslist ad.

MpJames, if you're still looking, I could point you to that shop. PM me if necessary
what shop might that be. the only one i have seen that advertises on CL is Olympic. same place? sent them an email a few hours ago...waiting on a response. the megalight is quite tempting. I have a NS RaptorX 165 and from what i have heard the megalight is about the only thing above the raptor in its class. tempting, though i do love the raptor.
wernersl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Both very good but It's hard to find them... make sure your local store has either one.

Quote:
Hey All,

Currently looking for a freeride/pow board. Has anyone out there ridden the YES Pick Your Line or the Nidecker Megalight and/or Ultralight?
wartime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernersl View Post
what shop might that be. the only one i have seen that advertises on CL is Olympic. same place? sent them an email a few hours ago...waiting on a response. the megalight is quite tempting. I have a NS RaptorX 165 and from what i have heard the megalight is about the only thing above the raptor in its class. tempting, though i do love the raptor.
The shop is called Olympus. Good luck on your hunt
Old 01-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
The shop is called Olympus. Good luck on your hunt
Thanks. I'll for sure check it out.
wernersl is offline   Reply With Quote