NS Heritage vs. Premier - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
BRTiger

Default NS Heritage vs. Premier

I'm looking at getting either the NS Heritage or Premier. I am a novice boarder with a skating and skiing background. I'm looking for an all mountain board but I occasionally hit the parks (~10%). I'm 5'8" 190 and wear a size 10.5 US. I was leaning toward the Heritage 155 but I am wondering if the Premier 154 might be the better board for my style. I noticed that the heritage is 25.2 cm wide and the Premier is 24.1. Would this be an issue for my boot size, or is this difference a non issue? Are NS boards as unforgiving as some say? If anyone out there has ridden both boards and could give me a pro and con/feedback I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, if someone would like to recommend another board, I am open to suggestions.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2008, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
BRTiger

Anyone out there, have a take on this?

Thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Eric @ WA

Good choice to go with NeverSummer. You'll be happy with either board you choose. They are almost identical boards. I would say the Heritage is more for the all-terrain vehicle while the premier is more freeride/big mountain. Again both are nearly identical. The Premier is stiffer which will have less chatter when doing free-ride. I think both can do anything the other can. To me it'll come down to stiffness. A less stiff board will be more forgiving for a new rider however chatter more at high speeds when you become more advanced.

It's a tough choice between the two. You'll be happy with either. I have a Premier in my arsenal of boards and always loved riding it. Again I think it will probably just come down to how stiff you want your board (there are advantages and disadvantages to a stiff board as well as one that isn't as stiff).

Good luck.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
BRTiger

Eric, thanks for the feedback.

As stated above, I'm relatively new to snowboarding so I think something a little more forgiving is the ticket for me. Also, I like the all-terrain comment above as well. I have heard good thing about NS boards and I figured it would be splitting hairs. Do you think the length and width are on for my height and weight?
Old 03-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

NS boards don't have a weight limit like other boards do. They are over built, so you can ride them at any weight. I would look at the SL or Heritage. The SL might be a bit more forgiving. The premier is a freeride board, if you are looking to go to the park you might be happier with an SL or Heritage...
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
BRTiger

BRsnow thanks for the tips.

I considered the SL, but thought I might have a bit more growing room on the heritage or premier. I do plan to hit the parks on occassion but nothing dramatic. Also, after a couple of year I imagine I will get away from them all together. From your description I might be in the middle with the heritage, which is where I want to be.

BTW, you from or in BR?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eric @ WA

The SL is a good freestyle board. I also have it and have ridden it many times in the past. If you're into freestyle (whether in parks or off kickers on the mountain), the SL is the ticket. If you're more into free-ride then the Heritage or Premier. The Heritage will be more forgiving in your early stages and allow you to take it all terrain as you improve. The SL will be softer however the sidecut may be more difficult for you (as a beginner) compared to the Heritage. In my opinion, the Heritage is the one for you.

In regards to length you'll be fine with the 155. The longer the board the better for free-ride carving. The 155 will do well in free-ride however also allow you more freestyle-esque moves down the line since it's a shorter board.

Best of luck!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

BR is my intials and live in Denver now...However I spent the last 8 years in Brooklyn...
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote